MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Uploading Photos

Uploading Photos - Forums [Biker Match] Uploading Photos - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Uploading Photos

If anyone has problems uploading photos because the file size is too large for server then may I introduce the image resize tool from Microsoft. Once you have installed it you simply right click on the photo(s) you want to resize, select the size you want the photo to be then click OK. It is as simple as that. If you are on windows XP then you can download it from download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe If your on Vista or Windows 7 you can download a reworked version from imageresizer.codeplex.com/ (codeplex is hosted by Microsoft)

Update Reply
Phil @ 21/12/2009 21:20  

Great, as have had no sucsess at adding more photoes, havent a clue what i'm on as not comp savy! but will ask and try one of your sugestions thanks.

Update Reply
savanna @ 21/12/2009 21:50  

It is actually very easy to tell which version of windows you are running. assuming that you have not fiddled with the settings then if you have a rectangular start button in the bottom Left had corner of your screen it is Windows xp so use the first link. If you have a round button with a flag in it then you will have either Vista or Windows 7. In that case use the second link. Simples Matt's new Image up-loader resizes your pics automatically but using these tools makes it easier to send pics by msm, facebook, and other forums you may be a member of.

Update Reply
Phil @ 21/12/2009 23:32  

And if you run a Mac???

I usually find that most things from Microsoft doesn't work. So if you have a Mac use the e-mail facility in i-photo to reduce your picture size and retrieve it from e-mail drafts. It is then small enough for uploading to BM. To give credit where it's due, I got this tip from Wannabe and it works for me.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 22/12/2009 07:04  

I like to use very big hammers to crack little nuts. I use photoshop CS4 ultimate. Also good for removing unsightly bogies and boils.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 22/12/2009 12:33  

if you have a rectangular start button in the bottom Left had corner of your screen it is Windows xp What if they're still using win 98 or even (heaven forbid) 95.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 22/12/2009 12:40  

I'm looking through the square window today.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 22/12/2009 13:16  

that's one for the drivel thread Geoff!!!! he he

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2009 13:19  

everyone just use the Advanced Uploader on the site. Cost me a bomb and took weeks implementing the tool so please make use of it. Rotates and resizes everything for you! Saves me having to keep rotating people's photos when they can't be bothered (or don't know how) to do it themselves. The Advanced Uploader will work for events soon, after the new year anyhow.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/12/2009 13:52  

To give credit where it's due, I got this tip from Wannabe and it works for me.

& to continue I, in turn, got it from Symehawk

It's good to give

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/12/2009 05:43  

Here's a better tip - don't buy a Mac!!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/12/2009 19:18  

An Apple a day keeps the virus away!

Macs rule!!!

I detest PCs with a passion.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 23/12/2009 19:30  

Hush now chaps or I'll have to knock your heads together! There's room in this world for both *insert hippy emoticon here*

I my Mac

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/12/2009 20:14  

NO! Death to all Macs lol. And Macs/iPhones etc aren't virus-free, very far from it. In fact, iPhones are full of viruses, it's been all over the news recently

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/12/2009 22:08  

hi, Matt i have tryed so many times to nuse that quick version that you set up ....the computor says no. so soeey you'l just have to put up with that pic till someone sorts me out!! think i have pushed a few wrong buttons as cant do some stuff that it did when left the shop ..................a few screws loose too ...........!!

Update Reply
savanna @ 23/12/2009 23:23  

True - there are increasing virus attacks on Macs these days, cos they're getting more popular as people are gradually drifting away from Microsoft... It was never worth hacking Macs before, cos every man & his dog used a pc

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/12/2009 23:25  

Savana, when you say the computer says no what errors do you get? You may not be th only person who is having the same issue. What operating system are you using XP, Vista, windows 7? I you can let let us know as much info as you can then we can find a solution for you.

Update Reply
Phil @ 02/01/2010 01:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email