MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Female only race school or track day.

Female only race school or track day. - Forums [Biker Match] Female only race school or track day. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Female only race school or track day.

Come on then, show of hands. Emphasis on better cornering and more confidence.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 17/12/2009 18:03  

Why only for females ?? Is it only females that have an issue with this?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/12/2009 19:27  

wasn't my idea, just passing it on. Will be with female instructors etc

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 17/12/2009 20:09  

Some female riders do have issues with track days, they can feel overwhelmed and frightened when mixed in with the blokes that's why female only days are a good idea so that female riders don't have Di*khead other halves taking the p**s and putting them off.

If you have the right bike and equipment for a track day then take part if you can.
These events are not about setting fast laps for novices there are about learning. And before i get any posts about slow women riders i know quite a few one being my ex who are very very quick on a bike.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 17/12/2009 20:43  

There are a lot of male instructors who have issues with female riders to be sure !!!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 17/12/2009 21:20  

That depends on what your wearing....lol

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 18/12/2009 00:14  

Behave !!!!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 18/12/2009 00:16  

It's something I'd be interested in.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 18/12/2009 07:35  

Agree completely with sd. Many women are put off from track days by us boys and our 'must be protected' egos. So I too think it's a good idea.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 18/12/2009 07:39  

female riders don't have Di*khead other halves taking the p**s and putting them off. Many women are put off from track days by us boys and our 'must be protected' egos. I guess I am lucky then that I have never had this from Ian, in fact its always been you can, you can, you can and well done great job from him and others I have riden with (thinking Paul on the way to the rally lol) so have never had the 'but your just a female' mentality. Though after reading comments I can see how some women may find it helpful to not have to go up against an over inflated ego.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 10:08  

Come on lasses show them lads what ur made off

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/12/2009 11:21  

Ghosty ... have you put it up any place for those lasses who would like to take part?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 11:50  

Would you care to re-phrase that last statement please Shell ?????

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 18/12/2009 13:26  

LMAO OK OK ... Ghostey would you like to give the ladies on here some info as to when & where this may take place? I still think its a shame its only for women, I know some young & new riders who are male who would not like to take part in a track day with the 'big boys' so would like something where the 'ego bunch' would not be there

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 15:59  

A ladies and learners day ................... sounds gud to me

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/12/2009 21:13  

I agree with Shell, but let us have the details Ghosty, anything that educates and improves on riding skills and road safety is definately worth going to!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 18/12/2009 21:34  

I've done a number of track days with various complanies (MSV and No Limits partricularly good) and would encourage anyone to have a go. It's not all about how bloody fast you and your bike can go (but that's good too!) but really does give you better lines for oyur road riding.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/12/2009 21:37  

early days yet, it may turn into a BM day. Won't be till the better weather and it may have some famous biker laydeeeeeeeeeeeees in attendance. will post something more firm to be put up later. (fnarrr)

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 18/12/2009 22:24  

hi, yes it sounds to me like a good idea too, and for the younger lads, as my son scares the hell out of me everytime he goes out on his bike, he just failed his part one test to get a bigger bike aaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!! no , fail him again he needs more time on the 125 i think , i dont want to be making visits to the a and e , he has his heart set on a sv650 i think prob got that wrong but help!!

Update Reply
savanna @ 20/12/2009 01:22  

Thats why I said shame savanna, like you I think it would do younger males good not to have to battle with the big boys egos lol .. Ghostey ... how about seeing if you could sort a youngsters only track day ?? Savanna ... there is an SV650 ... Its what I have , on my profile its the pale blue bike on there, dont worry, if he cannot pass his mod1, as it really is now about how you handle the bike both at low speed & also for the stop & the swerve at road speeds ... when he does MOD2 he will have to show the same but on a road.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/12/2009 18:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email