MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Donington loses BSB next year

Donington loses BSB next year - Forums [Biker Match] Donington loses BSB next year - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Donington loses BSB next year

Well the rot goes on - Donington have now lost the BSB: Donington Park has suffered another blow after being dropped from next year's British Superbike Championship. The venue has already failed to come up with the funding to host the Formula 1 British Grand Prix and lost the rights to the MotoGP. MSVR, the commercial and organisational rights holder of the championship, admitted concern in a statement. It read: "Such uncertainty is clearly unacceptable for the teams, series organisers and spectators." The event was scheduled to run from 10-12 September but will now take place at Croft. MSVR chief executive Jonathan Palmer added: "It is very important for the teams, our broadcast and commercial partners and above all the fans that we prepare a calendar consisting of venues where there is no doubt about whether or not the event will actually take place." Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire will now host an extra meeting on 21-23 May as well as its traditional August Bank Holiday slot.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/12/2009 18:56  

Shame, but Donington doesn't have a circuit at the moment. At least this'll give them 12 months to get their act together.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 13/12/2009 19:16  

idiot managers!! wot a waste

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 13/12/2009 19:23  

.......still such a shame..........some great events and memories there for me and mine.........I hope there will be again one day when they get themselves sorted........a big loss to us all!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 13/12/2009 19:40  

i'll miss Donnington on the circuit :(

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/12/2009 22:09  

I won't. Two dates for Cadwell. Bonus!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 14/12/2009 12:42  

i will miss craner curves

Update Reply
bandit46 @ 14/12/2009 22:23  

Croft souns good to me. I might ride up there to watch it.

Update Reply
timhall @ 14/12/2009 22:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email