MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Rossi 4th highest earning sportsman

Rossi 4th highest earning sportsman - Forums [Biker Match] Rossi 4th highest earning sportsman - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Rossi 4th highest earning sportsman

9 time motorcycle world champion Valentino Rossi is the fourth highest earning sportsman of 2009, recent figures have revealed.According to financial experts Forbes.com, the Italian maestro is among the highest paid earners in the world, pocketing just under £29 million in 2009 for his endeavours.The highest listed earner is Tiger Woods. The legendary golfer (and swordsman) raked in £62 million, followed by British footballing ace (and former swordsman) David Beckham's £40 million.Golfer, Phil Mickelson (swordsman status unknown) rated third, taking home £31.5 million.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/12/2009 11:01  

Thoroughly desrved too in my opinion!!! He works harder for it than those idiots with little sticks knocking balls about or experts of the magic sponge who do the same !!! Tis but a pittance !!!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 11/12/2009 13:00  

I work harder than any of them! Except when I am browsing Biker Match of course!

Update Reply
moonstone @ 11/12/2009 13:30  

it IS a pittance considering he risks his life every time he goes to work!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 11/12/2009 13:31  

Stella your right he does but he does choose to do it, personally i think most sportspersons are overpaid, i love me footie, but think thier wages are riduclous. But then again i think fair play if you get it why not !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/12/2009 14:51  

I'm not sure anyone deserves those kind of figures, but Rossi certainly deserves to be near the top of the pile. Unlike those who earn a living by falling over / crying a lot. It'd be called cheating in any other sport

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 11/12/2009 17:43  

HFG...I risk my life every time I go to work too. The A34 through Walsall is horrific!! For a lot less than £29,000,000. Still, don't begrudge it him, i'm just jealous lol

Update Reply
mouse59 @ 11/12/2009 20:56  

fair play to rossi....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/12/2009 20:58  

I can't see why folk need to know what anyone earns, to me it's a private matter, however I do find it unacceptable that sports people earn so much when our emergency service workers get so little. I do understand that if their wages were as high as sports people's then the profession would attract folk who weren't necessarily dedicated to the welfare of others; even so I still think they don't get paid what they are worth.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/12/2009 09:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email