MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Touring France - May 2010

Touring France - May 2010 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Touring France - May 2010 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Touring France - May 2010

Hi All, update: Dover - Calais/Boulogne - £40 return Total miles from Calais to Gourdon - 550 miles (approx depending on route) 1 night B&B Le Mans/Tours area - £35 5 Nights lodge/tent accommodation - £60 (waiting for availability on dates) 1 Night B&B Le Mans/Tours area - £35 So around £170 for that lot, plus your fuel and spends for the week. Have got about 12 possible ride out routes around the area of varying lengths etc, can do none or some, but not all. Probably looking around 2000 miles or so of riding for the whole thing. So potentially around £200 for fuel, so far about £370 plus spends. Any suggestions would be good about feriries, routes, places to stay and ride out suggestions around the Dordogne region. Well that is it so far. I have been given permission to put up my email address by kwak for anyone to contact me regarding this. aircoolednut@hotmail.co.uk Once it all the stuff is sorted, you will need to book your own stuff and it is cheaper if you can bumk with someone else as single supplements are silly prices. Look forward to hearing from you all. regards David

Update Reply
aircoolednuts @ 02/01/2010 22:51  

Hi David Just thought I'd mention, have you checked out insurance cover for bike repatriation in case of problems. Friend dropped his cycle on an oil patch in Poland last year and then found out that insurance didn't cover getting it back to the UK so he & 3 mates sat on proverbials for 4 days whilst a local garage who couldn't get the bits araldited his fairing/headlight etc back together again. Cost him extra accomodation, lost cash on pre-booked lodgings and overran the time away so lost out on pay when he got back. God forbid anything happens but it is well worth checking you are covered. On the up side it's great fun, I toured most of Europe for 4 weeks in the summer of ྈ (drought year so fabulous weather) on a Honda 750 F1 and could recommend to anyone. Still have image of coming down Alps into Austria on a road that had banked 180 degree bends so that when you cranked it over you were horizontal!! Don't know what I'm doing yet but may well be interested in joining up and will contact your mail address if it pans out otherwise good jouney (blimey that sounds like he-man!)

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 08/01/2010 23:10  

Misano and Catalunya sound good

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/01/2010 00:21  

Bill,, let me know!!!!

And as for camping Le Mans/Tours,,, lovely campsite at Cormery nearby.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 09/01/2010 00:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email