MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Touring France - May 2010

Touring France - May 2010 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Touring France - May 2010 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Touring France - May 2010

if I can get the time off work then its a deffinate for me, B&B or camping ok......(think camping more fun--weather permitting tho!!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2009 21:05  

just a thought if you go for B&B option,,,,possible pilly's available for those that dont mind riding two up!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2009 21:46  

Pleas keep me posted re this one CW it looks like my contract is being extended for another year at least so Ill still be earning lol! I like the sound of this for my first trip with bike abroad (pennies willing of course!) Therefore, cheap and cheerful for me, will camp or do B&B if it's not to expensive and will share as long as I know who they are and that they're "safe"..........or they'll be in big trouble pmsl!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 13/12/2009 10:22  

I have never rode bike abroad but will defo try for this,,,,,again i like the idea of camping if a large group attends, but will go with the flow, already bought big road atlas of europe!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/12/2009 19:33  

ACN-------great idea mate hope this comes off..........craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/12/2009 19:35  

May be up for this. Not rode abroad before and they say France is fab. Needs to be after the 20th May though as away before then. Will keep an eye on this one

Update Reply
mouse59 @ 15/12/2009 21:06  

Dont just talk it - do it :-) Did this year before last - took tent and camped all the time, woke up when i wanted, moved on when i wanted, stopped when i wanted, without exeption was made welcome (even found a campsite run by a biker who proudly showed me his collection), July time three weeks. Roughly - dover calais, west coast france, north coast spain to bilbao,back across the pyranees (skirting pamplona and barcelona) to jaca sort then down to benicassim (valencia) for the music festi amazingly heady smell of tarragon through the lid coming into tarragona) then back up to barcelona, millau bridge (awesone coming form the south) a play around the tarnregion then back up the spine of france through the ww1 sites to the uk. Awesome. Highlights - N Spain (been there lots and love catalonia and the basque area anyway) superb roads, pro biker attitude (even the spanish policewhen i got pulled over at a truckers stop - they pulled everyone) millau bridge is stunning (just dont stop on the side of the my at the bridge end to take a pic .. ho hum). Lowlights - N and w France - boring Do - go at your pace, keep flexible, take days off if you feel like it Dont - rush or stress Got loads of info stored away i think still if you want to pm me. I have lots of pics online too (but I cant refer to other websites IIRC) oh personnal preference ..... leave the sat nav behind and take a couple of decent maps ... look each day and if you see what looks an interesting wiggly road try it ... you just never know ;-)

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 15/12/2009 21:57  

oh budget a tenner a night for tent - they tend to charge per person pre vehicle and per tent per night, camping municipals are everywhere in france, F1 are the cheapest motels IIRC oh and if you are camping - take a days supply of noodles/beans etc with you with the cooker - just in case you cant get to a restaruant or camp site bar for evening meal (or indeed if you decide to finish riding really late) enjoy not sure what I am doing this year for a trip (have a few things in mind but will keep an eye on this thread :-) )

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 15/12/2009 22:01  

oops havent got my spelling/typing fingers on today .. sorry lol

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 15/12/2009 22:03  

ZZR, what does IIRC mean?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/12/2009 08:29  

if i remember correctly

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 16/12/2009 09:24  

Are there any odd ball laws and regs you need to be aware of over in France, ??????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2009 12:29  

They drive on the wrong side of the road

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 16/12/2009 12:48  

Impression i got walking round Paris was that there were no road laws and it was every man (or lady) for himself (or her self) LMAO Have to be PC

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2009 12:55  

Be careful at islands. Used to be the case that those joining the island had priority over those already on it ! Law's changed now, and there's 'give way' signs to remind folk, but old habits die hard etc

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 16/12/2009 13:08  

LOL of course!! It's been a long time since I've seen that acronym I forgot it, cheers ZZR. With my bad recall I should use it more often IICR (If I Can Remember) Rob, if the French are as impatient, at driving, as the Spanish I'd take extra life insurance cover just in case.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/12/2009 15:16  

LOL - not had any problems in France. Good chance I'll get to Spain in 2010, so, we'll see. Pretty much all, seem more bike aware than the UK tho

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 16/12/2009 15:32  

If you venture into Gibraltar beware of the taxi drivers, they're worse than our own, they drive like loonies and Gib' streets are narrow. I only ever got a taxi once, I walked after that or got the bus, which was the total opposite, so slow it's quicker to walk

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/12/2009 15:36  

Hi all, thanks for the great response from all. Just an update, I plan to post a plan next week with dates, times, routes and costs. I hope that you some of you will sign up and join me. By the way, when I say plan, not like got to do, but just a guide, mainly ferries times, possible routes, places to stay and visit.

Update Reply
aircoolednuts @ 24/12/2009 08:50  

Just so I don't start a new thread,, ahem,,

World Superbikes Misano June 27th.

Motogp Catalunya July 4th.

Great ride to Italy, Taking in the Alps etc. into France then Spain taking in more great roads.

Ferry to France/Belgium. Ferry back from Spain. Plan is camp or hotels/chalets.

Keep it in mind.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 25/12/2009 13:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email