MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Touring France - May 2010

Touring France - May 2010 - Forums [Biker Match] Touring France - May 2010 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Touring France - May 2010

Hi there all I am looking for others who would like to take a trip to West Coast of France or Northern Spain in May 2010. This would be an unguided tour, which means we may get lost for about 7 days, either camping or staying in low-cost (cheap) hotels etc. No plans on hard riding, looking at getting up to go around 10 am each day, riding for a couple of hours, stopping for a long lunch, then back on the road again for a few hours. Arriving at were going to stop, setting up camp or hotel, then a few drinks and some food while we just sit and chat and enjoy some warm evenings doing whatever. Looking for good company, not a race, just some chilled out riding in the sun and being laid back. No specific plans for dates yet, as I am flexible, nor exactly were to go, but any suggestions and ideas would be gratefully received. Well that is it, so anyone want to take a chance and just chill out sometime next year, let me know. regards acn

Update Reply
aircoolednuts @ 29/11/2009 18:22  

You looking for a pilly ACN ?? lol

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 30/11/2009 19:00  

....mmmmm something Ive always wanted to do ACN but didnt fancy it on my own or with too much pressure to clock up lots of miles to a set itinery on my first bike tour abroad! Not sure just yet how Ill be placed but please bear me in mind.......................sounds great and just up my street too with a group of BM'ers to have some laughs with lol! will watch with intent to join you..............tent and all by the sound of it lol!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 30/11/2009 19:28  

If you're considering touring abroad, don't consider it, just do it! It's ace. Better roads (usually), better weather (usually), more biker friendly (usually) and amazing scenery (usually lol).

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 30/11/2009 19:39  

Going to put some options together over the next few days, will try to sort out pricing etc for various routes and places to stay. Camping looks around £8 a night or B&B around £25, but I am happy with either. Not sure how to put the stuff up once I have got it or to get to to people who are interested because we cant do emails on here and we cant put up attached files with info. I will work on that, maybe set up a website to visit or something, now that sounds dam complicated and I will need some help with that, now who can I con in to helping me. Goffb - going to be going to France, no real considering, just would like to have some good company to do some chilled riding, eat some great food, share some wine with and talk about the views. Anyhow I will keep this going and we can take from there. regards acn

Update Reply
aircoolednuts @ 30/11/2009 20:07  

I'd be interested.. Went to France for the first time this year and just loved it.. You can put me down as a definate maybe ACN

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/11/2009 20:13  

I was thinking of riding down to my brothers in Spain about that time - and riding over the Millau bridge was definately in the mix! - So if times, dates, routes, or whatever match up, I could tag along for most of your ride, then carry on. Ill keep checking this thread and see where it goes!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/11/2009 20:25  

hhhhhmmmmmmm sounds like a good plan in the making my old man lives in south a france might be able to use his field for a nitght ! do you think a daytona would be any good for them distances ? rubish on fuel !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 30/11/2009 21:24  

he he seeeee Wheely Squeely.............that's what I got my Vulcan for pmsl!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 30/11/2009 21:59  

did it all last year, and would definitely do it again. I'd skip France though, didn't like the people at all (don't mean to sound racist, but I was treated really badly because I don't speak French, often with waitresses just walking away from me when I asked for a Cola - international word I thought!) I wanna go straight back to Italy, was 2nd to none. See some of my fotos here... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_photo...ent_id=160

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/11/2009 22:31  

PS: I'd do the cheap B&Bs again, less hassle and more holiday time if u can get to the Alps... do it!

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/11/2009 22:32  

Hi acn this sounds like a great plan in the making ....but a few of us fancy doing Ireland round about the same time and taking in the North West 200 nothing definate at the moment tho....so will just keep a eye on the threads and see which one most peeps are up for

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/11/2009 23:10  

Sounds good to me was going in February to France but it may fall through. I love the west coast the Vendee and La Rochal area. I hae an expensive year ahead two daughters getting married but who knows maybe if its really, really cheap and I still have a job and Cataraptor is up for it well maybe?? I will watch this space.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 01/12/2009 02:40  

i could be interested in this one too, f1 hotels av bin told are quite cheap

Update Reply
triker100 @ 02/12/2009 21:51  

I could be up for this, seriously, keep me in formed.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 05/12/2009 20:28  

defo interested but would need to know if it was just sat & sun or longer because ive got to request days off, would be better if large turnout from BM members!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/12/2009 20:38  

i could be interested in this.you can try etab hotels £30 a night sleeps 3 to a room if u dont mind sharing.

Update Reply
herts biker @ 06/12/2009 22:19  

Hi all, just to let you all know, gathered loads of info, will expect to have some stuff posted on the trip in the next couple of weeks. Recon the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre, then down to Limoges area as I have heard good things about the area and there are some good rides around there. Still looking mid to late May. I am will be posting my email address on here, with permission of bikermatch for those interested so I can send the proposed plan including costs etc. Can those who are interested please let me know the following - B&B or Camping or mix of both, will you share room if B&B/hotel. Looking to keep the costs down but to have a good time too. No hard riding, just good fun riding, good food, a few drinks and some good chats. Many thanks for waiting. regards acn

Update Reply
aircoolednuts @ 12/12/2009 20:41  

Mid may would be great cuz thats when my Birthday is....Party time B&B or camping is fine, will share the broom cupboard if necessary

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2009 20:59  

hb etab £30 a room sleeps 3 av no probs with that but i no who i wud like 2 share with if thay go lol jokes aside i think f1 hotels r cheaper than that

Update Reply
triker100 @ 12/12/2009 21:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email