MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

BMW six

BMW six  - Forums [Biker Match] BMW six  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

BMW six

i like the look of the new BMW six cylinder cafe racer in MCN its about time we had some sixes back on the market ace !!! bmw concept 6 is as the name states just a concept bike but apparently the engine is going into production and will be out first as touring machine . with a 1600cc straight six transverse enginge derived from the K1300s and shaft drive torque is claimed at 96lb.ft @ 2000rpm revving to 9000 rpm gonna be a good summer next couple of years

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/11/2009 00:12  

I can always remember having a go on my cousins 6 cylinder Honda many years ago. He ran it with just the header pipes on....Scared me to death!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 29/11/2009 08:00  

bet it sounded nice though

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/11/2009 22:34  

you see you put a bike topic up and no one bothers with it !!!!!!!!!! lets talk drivel again its more fun !!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 30/11/2009 11:17  

They reckon it will be built. Unlike Suzuki who showed a concept 6 cyl a few years back, which never came to anything. tbh not sure what advantage a 6 has over other configurations for bikes. Too complex, bulky, when everyone knows a triple is the ideal.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 30/11/2009 13:01  

BMW have already comitted to making it. Ya right neal it did sound awesome, used to shoot out flames on the over run

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 30/11/2009 16:21  

triples are so thursty though rob ! mine only dose about 30 35 mpg its not that good on fuel

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 30/11/2009 19:52  

My old ZZR1100 used to return 50mpg quite reguarly. It always amazes me how modern "efficiant" 1100cc bikes with Fi can bearly manage half that.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 30/11/2009 21:05  

WN - depends on the model/tune/gearing. My 1050 does about 45 mpg, the previous 955 averaged 50mpg and would do more than that, given a light right hand, tho that wasn't too often

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 01/12/2009 08:51  

my hand allways has a good grip ! lol its a 93 900cc daytona heavy bike . ive had it serviced but havent been on any long runs yet so it may be more and yes i do have a habit of a fist full of gas. so it may be the main reason ill have to do a mpg run to see what it dose for real !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 01/12/2009 20:27  

I`m intrigued by this has it looks nice and if they make it like the concept to be honest i`ll be interested. I hope it does get built has I`ve bought the B king after seeing pics of the concept yeah it`s got no supercharger and it`s been altered from the initial concept but it`s close enough to the concept. but all I can say is thank god they didn`t add the supercharger it`s a monster has it is and it`s not run in yet .

Update Reply
hightower @ 16/12/2009 18:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email