MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Work

Work - Forums [Biker Match] Work - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Work

hi to everyone i`ve just been put on a weeks notice not good at this time of the year i`am a scaffolder so if anyone knows of any jobs anywhere i will travel thanks for reading

Update Reply
Hughesy @ 22/11/2009 12:00  

aww Hughesy - that's crap!! Hope you manage to find something

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 22/11/2009 12:37  

thats pants!! sorry I can't help you. good luck with you job search Hughesy

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 22/11/2009 12:57  

Hope something turns up soon Hughsey.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 22/11/2009 17:24  

try acorn or mac they do alot of work for morrisons utilty(gas) and national grid hope this helps

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 22/11/2009 19:00  

Bad luck but i shall keep my eyes and ears open for u mate xx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/11/2009 19:08  

i allways get some work from the agentceys when it quiet worked up to now good luck with it !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/11/2009 19:14  

Not good news at any time but especially just before Christmas Hughesy, I hope you find work soon.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/11/2009 22:11  

stick at it Hughsey, alot of people are in the same boat at the moment just try to keep yourself positive something will turn up.good luck.

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/11/2009 22:17  

Best of luck Hughesy. I quit even bothering to look for work - the agencies just seem to send you jobs 30 miles away for a 4 hour shift at minimum wage... by the time you've spent out on petrol and toll fees, you may as well just hand them a tenner a week & be done with it - same net effect! Not exactly the best of years to try launching a business either, but the DWP was about as much use as a chocolate teapot. I used to slate people who spent their lives on benefits but hey, if you manage to squeeze a single penny out of them, bloody good luck to you! I have a friend who's been waiting nearly 8 weeks now to get any money out of them. After the first 6 weeks, she was told they'd "lost" her claim and she'd have to start again. WTF?!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/11/2009 07:12  

Best of luck finding something more permanent. As has already been suggested, agencies are usually a fair stop-gap. I dunno if they would pay minimum wage so fingers crossed it'd be worth your while.

Update Reply
jeanzqueen @ 23/11/2009 08:53  

WB's right,i was registered with 3 agencies and was only called out as placement for ill,injured and holiday leavers.Soon as you get the hang of the job its time to go again,minimum wages and callouts always off bus routes and the promise of placements which did'nt materialize...it kept me busy now and then but could'nt pay my rent. Good Luck Hughsy, your trade is always in demand you'll come right.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 23/11/2009 09:23  

Sadly, construction's always hardest hit in times of recession... first to feel the pinch and last to recover. Might be worth trying the supermarkets/departments stores etc including depot/warehouse stuff... I know a few of them are still hiring - even if it's just seasonal work, you'd be earning over Xmas and hopefully 2010 will see construction having a better time of it. You'll have to work weekends though, which is why I gave up those avenues, as weekends are my only chance to build up my own business, other than online sales, which trickle in rather slowly!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/11/2009 09:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email