MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Chest protectors for ladies

Chest protectors for ladies - Forums [Biker Match] Chest protectors for ladies - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Chest protectors for ladies

kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_Thorax_Ladies_Chest_Protector--651002.html What do the girls think to wearing one of these? Would you, do you think it's an area that should be protected? Wonders how long before the guys take this one off topic! *rolls eyes*

Update Reply
Roachy @ 17/11/2009 19:34  

Chest protectors for ladies have been around for years in martial arts. Good to see they are starting to make an appearance in motorcycling instead of the normal flat panels of body armour some suits have. Just don't punch them because they're really hard.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/11/2009 19:47  

I'm a little bit worried that they're available on a site called Kneedraggers...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/11/2009 19:57  

And it was supposed to be the guys that would take the thread off topic. fwiw : I don't wear any armour, other than the standard stuff that comes fitted in jackets/jeans

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 17/11/2009 20:24  

I'd advise you ladies to wear one. Geoff is indeed correct on the martial arts issue. The dangers of bruising etc to the female chest was recognized decades ago. My sister was very ill after a car accident which bruised her chest knackers. Apparently it can kick start all sorts of other stuff. Do the right thing and for once ( Oh God I can't believe I'M saying this...) keep em covered up! Now I need a lie down...

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 17/11/2009 20:26  

Chest knackers! rotflmfao

Update Reply
Di @ 17/11/2009 20:30  

On the site I first saw reference to these on there was a post from someone who said her sister was a nurse and had treated a woman who came off a bike as a pillion, was wearing a fashion leather jacket which rode up as she slid on her chest. The end result was losing all the flesh from her chest - doesn't bare thinking about. It's not an item I've seen anywhere, not designed for the female form although unless it comes in different sizes, it's not going to fit many women is it. Well done Jim, proud of you!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 17/11/2009 20:37  

Roachy, People that wear fashion leathers on bikes are asking for trouble anyway. I'm an idiot for riding in jeans but us Humans will be Humans!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 17/11/2009 20:43  

It's a good reason for zipping jackets / jeans together. Even a decent jacket isn't much use if it doesn't stay put.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 17/11/2009 21:04  

And not one mention of airbags. Bonus

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 17/11/2009 21:13  

Good point GH. It wasn't clear if the fashion jacket was a motorcycle jacket built for form rather than function (I have such a jacket made by RST) or a high street fashion jacket. Another very good point Rob. I feel much better now my textiles zip together and I am able to zip my pretty jacket to my trousers plus I fitted a back protector as it didn't come with one. Not that it's much of a protector but a bit better than nothing.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 17/11/2009 21:17  

That smiley is so you blues now you have those new glasses, did you take a pic of the smiley with you to help you choose em. See you tomorrow at club if your going, you can whack me then for that comment.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 17/11/2009 21:19  

I'm a little bit worried that they're available on a site called Kneedraggers... Yea, me too Wannabe lol. I may be getting on a bit but they aint that low yet. PML @ 'chest knackers' what a lovely turn of phrase you have ghosty

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/11/2009 21:31  

Hmmm now you've got me thinking Roachy... didn't know those kind of protectors existed. No danger of me getting it on under either my textile or leather jacket though Would have to get a new jackets

Update Reply
jeanzqueen @ 17/11/2009 21:33  

OMG I can see the safety side of this product..but come on Jim ...why am I called Boobies??? JHC...can you imagine me wearing one..I wouldn't be able to lean over the tank and ride Ruby as there would be so much chest!!! The mind boggles...really...in my case I would have to say no!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 18/11/2009 01:09  

Ooops Sorry Rob & Roachy! *hangs head in shame*

I'd think they could do with learning a little more about sizing... S, M & L doesn't quite cut it when it comes to jumper-lumps!

A poorly fitted protector might do more harm than good, although in principle it's probably a very sensible idea. As Ghosty points out - chest trauma is often thought to trigger off other conditions.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/11/2009 08:41  

That's a good point WB about poorly fitting protectors. Does anyone have one, or any kind of chest armour built into their jackets?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 18/11/2009 10:51  

They could do em made to measure with that two part foam they make F1 seats with. A messy job but I'd apply for it.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/11/2009 11:42  

There's some womens armour on this firms site, 'roadbikebitz'. Bit steep, but how much value do you put on your body/health!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 18/11/2009 11:54  

A messy job but I'd apply for it.

That's what I like about you Blues - you're selfless, utterly selfless

It's not always most expensive = best so far as PPE goes though is it Paj? As a general rule of thumb it works, but it's not necessarily so.

Perhaps a gentle nudge to the good folk at MCN or Bike ot whatever might be in order... a little sexist perhaps, but they do reckon the largest growth area in new bikers at the moment is within the female population, so maybe they'd consider doing a test of all that's available on the market?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/11/2009 12:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email