MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Opinions Sought

Opinions Sought - Forums [Biker Match] Opinions Sought - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Opinions Sought

Kawasaki Eliminator 250cc P reg (1996) Some of you may already know that I'm selling my bike, what I would like to know is do you think I'd get much for it if I broke it up and sold it off in parts?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/11/2009 23:58  

For an older bike thats always an option,but you might have to wait a while to get rid of the parts...maybe 1st reconsider your asking price? cant remember what it was though.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 13/11/2009 00:03  

I've waited about 6 years to sell the bike so a bit longer aint goin to kill me, but it would be a shame for it to rot away. I've reduced the price already, it's now at £500 and I aint going lower than that, it's a lot less than I paid for it and a lot less than it's worth. Details here: http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=4452

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/11/2009 00:11  

Would you px it for a pickled egg.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2009 02:00  

i think you would be stryggling to get askingprice kwak, the market has plummutted, i paid 4000 6 monthd ago for my blackbird, and got offered 2675 by a dealer the other day, so if you plan to ride the bike one day i would say keep it...or except you may only get a couple of hundred quid for it...or seriously think about the pickled egg !!!!(last bit was a joke )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2009 08:02  

Ian's right, and it's also the wrong time of the year for selling a bike. You'd get better money if you waited until the spring.
A big plus would be tax and MoT so a buyer could ride away. As it stands, it's been off the road for six years and is a spares or repair job, despite the low miles.

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/11/2009 08:28  

Agree with Ian and Wills,i sold my bike in pretty good condition mot'd and taxed ready to ride for not much more than you're asking Sandi!In your position you can afford to wait maybe,but in the long term it may lose more value...its a catch 22 situation,you sell now you lose,you wait you lose unfortunately.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 13/11/2009 09:14  

Unfortunately, if it needs work, it gives any potential buyer a big lever to negotiate on the price.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 13/11/2009 10:00  

Wills is right about the time fo year to buy/sell bikes. However, if it is in need of work, there are people out there who like to have a 'garage project' to play with over these cold, dark ,wet months, so you can advertise it as such, but be prepared to be knocked down on your asking price.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2009 11:49  

actdaft, NO!! I can't stand pickled eggs lol, ta for offer tho. Thanks also to Ian, Wills, excal, Rob and Slidy for your input. I know about time of year for selling, MOT, etc but I was wanting to know about breaking it, if I'd get more money. As a whole bike it would really pee me off to take less than I'm asking but the way things are going it looks like I'm going to have to. If I'm going to get peanuts for it I may as well break it. May get more that way. Cheers again everyone. Now where did I put that hammer?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/11/2009 12:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email