MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

No more subscriptions!

No more subscriptions! - Forums [Biker Match] No more subscriptions! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

No more subscriptions!

As of now, you can no longer create a subscription to BikerMatch. You can only select to top-up your account for a specific length of time, after which your account will downgrade and you wont hear anything more from us. Simply because SO many people find the subscriptions confusing (i.e. They don't understand a subscription = recurring, even though it says so in very large text on EVERY page of the upgrade process). So to save myself all the time replying to emails and having chargebacks against us, I'm completely removing subscriptions as an options. If you still really want a subscription, you can write to me specifically requesting a recurring payment and I will give you a link. Cheers ~Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2009 21:31  

I can see where you're coming from, but will it be possible to give people a series of warnings that their membership is about to downgrade?

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/11/2009 21:57  

no, I can't schedule things on the server in that way. I can only make it email you when your subscription has finished, because Paypal send a notification to downgrade the account. I can make that notification trigger an email if you think that would help. Otherwise the site will just prompt you to upgrade as your browsing around. The My Account page will also tell you what date your subscription will expire. I could put an "Extend now" button on there.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2009 22:13  

i'm confused now, can i just stay with the subscription, it works ok fo me.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/11/2009 22:16  

I just sorted mine, it was easy peasy !!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2009 22:16  

Just checked and I've already got it like that, it emails you when the EOT (End of Term) comes from Paypal (All automated). I'm trying to fade out Paypal as much as I can, but I'm not allowed to get rid of Paypal completely cos they're the ones also processing the card payments made directly on BM (It's all an integrated secure API that runs in the background)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2009 22:17  

If you have a subscription, i.e. a payment that recurs each month/week/whatever, then just leave it running. It wont stop unless you cancel it. I'm just not allowing any new subscriptions to be created. If you stop your subscription now, then you'll need to make a one-off Paypal payment, or a secure credit card payment.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2009 22:18  

OMG how to confuse a blonde completely.......

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 11/11/2009 22:19  

Wahooo all excited cos i understood all of that GO ME

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/11/2009 22:33  

I think i'v got that,it means my subs. are ok i just leave them running, great thanks for sorting me out

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/11/2009 22:40  

i just read that lot and im confused

Update Reply
drobess @ 12/11/2009 00:37  

phew so i'm not on my own ...

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 12/11/2009 00:40  

My payment has been cancelled by Paypal again. Changed my card but still doing it. Now paid by card on this site, hope it works.

Update Reply
LINDAJ @ 12/11/2009 18:52  

message matt with the error codes if you can....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2009 18:58  

if you're card fails on a Paypal subscription, it will retry 3 days later. So make sure you cancel the subscription if you've now paid via card on BM (Glad that worked by the way, some people are having trouble). To cancel your subscription at Paypal, follow the steps on the Help page. If you don't see a cancel button, then it's already cancelled. Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/11/2009 22:20  

So to summarize. New members can only pay by card for a fixed term. If you are an existing member with a subscription that will continue as normal unless you change your card or you / Pay Pal cancel. If a subscription is canceled then you must take up a fixed term payment unless you contact accounts via the contact page. any thoughts Matt?

Update Reply
Phil @ 12/11/2009 23:12  

o m g now i do need it spelling out to me( but am ok till feb)

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 12/11/2009 23:22  

* note to self remind anne in Feb lololol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/11/2009 13:39  

thanks PP, and u can still pay by Paypal if you like but you cannot setup a recurring payment anymore. I've changed the email address in your post also, everyone should use the contact form which sends me your username and user ID so i can easily find the account.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/11/2009 17:37  

I renewed my account by debit card and had no problems at all with the transaction, if i can do it anyone can. No more paypal cancelling my payments woo hoo

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/11/2009 13:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email