MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Rossi's ultimatum to Yamaha over Lorenzo

Rossi's ultimatum to Yamaha over Lorenzo - Forums [Biker Match] Rossi's ultimatum to Yamaha over Lorenzo - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Rossi's ultimatum to Yamaha over Lorenzo

NEWLY-CROWNED MotoGP World champion Valentino Rossi issued a warning to his current employers, Yamaha, that he will leave for Ducati in 2011 if they continue to keep his arch rival Jorge Lorenzo in the squad. Rossi, who won his ninth world crown this year, spoke to BBC News following the last race of the 2009 season at Valencia, Spain."Yamaha have to decide between me and Jorge for 2011," said Rossi. "I have a great option to join Ducati."Lorenzo has proved stiff competition for the flambouyant 2009 World Champion; it seems the Italian is now looking to feather his nest from 2010 onwards, when his Yamaha MotoGP contract comes to an end."I am not sure 100% if I will stay with Yamaha," said Rossi. "It depends on what happens next year. It depends on my performance and the fight with Jorge Lorenzo and the decision of Yamaha for 2011."I could change bike, ride for Ducati and try to win the world championship with an Italian bike. That would be a great motivation."But I prefer at this moment to stay with Yamaha because the love between me and Yamaha, our relationship, is something special."To change bike would feel unfaithful. So for Yamaha it is important that I finish my career with them and for me it is also important. " Mmm. Is Rossi really that concerned about his arch rival? Moreover, would he be able to master the Desmosedici?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/11/2009 16:25  

Seems Rossi's only happy with a team mate who poses no threat. In fairness, there's a few with the same attitude. Sounds like posturing to me. Can't see him going to Ducati, while Stoner's there.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 09/11/2009 20:49  

It boils down to good publicity and a fatter paycheck at the end of the day,Rossi is to yamaha what Schumaker still is to ferrari..my guess is they will look after him ,he is still the best.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 09/11/2009 21:28  

I am an ardent Rossi fan and would hate to see him go but part of me would like to see him ride the Ducati to prove that not only Stoner can ride it Think Lorenzo may go anyway if he feels he isnt being given the oppoprtunity to shine too much

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/11/2009 10:12  

Still think it would be ace to see Rossi and Stoner in the same team, i say leave Lorenzo at Yamaha, how good would they have been without Rossi and Burgess

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/11/2009 02:02  

Rossi may go to Ducati anyway - his buddy is the new team manager, taking over from Livio Suppo - who Rossi was reported to not get on with. If Suppo is gone, what's to stop Rossi from defecting? And he's always loved the challenge. If anyone can ride that Desmosedici besides Stoner, it'll be Rossi. How fab would it be to see those two battle on the same machine??? Yamaha wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for Rossi's input and development. Jorge is a talented rider but I don't see him offering the same input to the team and having the same power as Rossi does. I think Rossi is looking for a biking swansong before he goes to drive rally - bring it on if it's to be Stoner's superior team mate

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 11/11/2009 02:55  

Nice idea, but I can't see it. Two potential World champions in the same team rarely works. At best they'll take points off each other. Also a Rossi fan but a fit Stoner on the Ducati takes a lot of beating, by anyone.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 11/11/2009 08:45  

Not sure Stoner would be to impressed with Rossi as a team mate somehow

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/11/2009 09:30  

Who cares what Stoner wants ?????? lol

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 11/11/2009 12:35  

i think Rossi is becoming a bit of a luvvy he needs nocking off his perch i feel ! cumon brits get ur arses oop and win some races its time we stoped praying to the Rossi god !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 11/11/2009 12:39  

I can fall out with a person u know wheely!!!! lol How can you say that when he's just bagged his 9th world title ????? He's got more personality than anyone in the entire paddock and he doesn't need to take three races off to recover from some weedy pretend illness !!!! Just cos he's got talent - should we dismiss him for lesser mortals ??? lol

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 11/11/2009 12:45  

yeh but its gone to his head clearly " i dont want a good rider on my team it might make me look bad " thats what it smacks of so what if theres some compition thats what its all about ! init ? i dont deny he's proberbly the best racer in history but the next lot should have a chance at beating him ! just becomes another schowmaker ( howerver you spell it ) other wise next he'll be barging them all of the track if they get near him !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 11/11/2009 16:20  

As an ardent Rossi fan it grieves me to say this bit its a bit like Rossi has thrown his dummy out the pram, whatever way you look at it healthy competition is good for all involved racers and fans.

Am hoping it makes 2010 a great year to watch with plenty of edge of your seat action !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/11/2009 16:28  

I was marshalling at redgate at the gp, and saw a different side to rossi behind the pits.If he went to Ducati he would like to be a one man team, in my opinion

Update Reply
bandit46 @ 11/11/2009 20:43  

What side did you see then bandit46??!!! Admittedly, Rossi does act a tad immature every now and again, but I'd rather see occasional immaturity than constant misery from Stoner!!!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 13/11/2009 18:43  

i met rossi at the day of champions.....total down to earth guy, and i shook his throttle hand.......aint washed mine since !!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2009 21:51  

Its more than his throttle hand i wanna touch

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/11/2009 22:07  

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2009 22:07  

Think I'd be soooo starstruck, I'd just stand there like a goldfish openin an shuttin me gob !!!! hahahaha

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 13/11/2009 22:08  

Mmmmmm best not type what i was going to would get banned ............................. sorry Matt

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/11/2009 22:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email