MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Riding - Dont Wimp Out in Winter

Riding - Dont Wimp Out in Winter  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Riding - Dont Wimp Out in Winter  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Riding - Dont Wimp Out in Winter

just waved my mates off after wkend stay they got to ride home in pouring rain and winds but they only ride bikes so its just a means to an ends got the gear wots the probs !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 01/11/2009 10:26  

got to agree with PP regarding snow and ice, but apart from that I ride all year in all weather conditions and dont always get it right!!! if you suspect rain my advice is suit and boot up early, saves getting wet later.... As for cold there are plenty of thermal type clotheing on market, or plenty of thin layers to keep warm, but dont want to restrict movement!!!! Heated grips,,,,i have not got these as yet but they will be my next purchase,,,nothing worse than cold hands!! Last but not least , if you dont enjoy riding in adverse weather conditions then DONT do it,,,,take the car

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/11/2009 11:05  

'take the car' I was lucky when I had my bike, we didn't have many really bad weather days, (plenty of rain tho) so I rode almost all year round. Unfortunately I don't have a bike on the road anymore and I don't have the luxury of a second mode of transport, hence my regular plea for a pillion ride.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/11/2009 12:34  

Just got back for an incredibly wet but warmish breakfast run with a mate on his ninja 9 and me on the blade. Met one other idiot at the cafe on a hog dresser - all agreed we were having fun any way and under neath all the gortex we were snug. I agree ice and the like is diffenrt but rain and a bit of southern cold (meaning spring for the northern contingent) - no worries

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/11/2009 13:44  

Where's all this rain we were promised!!!! I wanted to test my gear after Nickwaxing it lol, I've been lucky in the past to own both car "sorry to swear" and bike across winters and inverably used the bike all through, only occasionally using car to take mum and daughter shopping lol, or to do a big shop myself! Currantly having re built my CB I'd love to be able to afford a 2nd bike trailie or something equally robust for winter or a cage as mother missing being ferried about at xmas, I quite like to run her around to be totally honest but as out of work with no spare funds it's not going to happen this year................... As to keeping bike in fine fettle Tins of WD and having the pressure washer ready each time i come home will hopefully keep my baby looking as SWEET as she does now!!!!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 01/11/2009 14:07  

following my last post my freinds made it home but not wothout insadent it wasnt the weather it was a car opening there sodding door and hit his bike strange part though the car was indercating right moved over to the white line my mate rode past on the left hand side when the passenger opend the door ! in the middle of the feking rd took hie mirror off and his oil filler plug on there pan european brused pillian foot too so it dont matter what the weather like its still the tin canners u gotta watch out for !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 01/11/2009 17:12  

Hope your mates OK twinnie

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/11/2009 10:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email