MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

You can take my freedom but u wont get my bike !!!!!

You can take my freedom but u wont get my bike !!!!! - Forums [Biker Match] You can take my freedom but u wont get my bike !!!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

You can take my freedom but u wont get my bike !!!!!

A motorcyclist chose to go to jail rather than give up his R6. Dean Houilbecq, 25, from Guernsey, was sentenced to 28 days in prison after failing to hand over the Yamaha in payment of court debts. He could have won his freedom at any point simply by surrendering the bike to Guernsey’s HM Sheriff but chose instead to serve his time. The builder had been given until September 24 to find £1,106.01 for debt and compensation orders including £750 for damage caused when he reversed a car into another vehicle. Instead of handing over the bike as ordered, he said he had given it to a friend. After hearing he’d only managed pay off £20, Judge Russell Finch imposed an immediate custodial sentence but ordered Houilbecq could be released if the debt was paid or the bike surrendered.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/10/2009 22:39  

1st question...whats the bike worth and is it payed up? 2nd question...If he's employed.will he lose his job? 3rd question...1 months pay + debt + costs = ? and finally will his serving time plus getting a criminal record be the end of it or must he still pay up. I say he's stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one!

Update Reply
excalibur @ 26/10/2009 05:26  

He should of payed the money then he would still be out riding it. Chances are it will still be repossessed so he will lose all round if he doesn't pay the money thats owed. He won't be able to but anything on credit now as he'll have a criminal record for non payment.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/10/2009 12:14  

we all love our bikes and so do i but i enjoy my freedom much more if i was in this situation id hand the bike over, after all id only have to wait a while until i could afford a new one and i wouldn't have to go to prison get a criminal record and damage my prospects of gettin a job that would allow me to aford to run a bike in the first place

Update Reply
yorkshireman91 @ 26/10/2009 12:34  

hmmmm ! R6 or dont reach for the soap or youll squeell piggy id have paid up ! and bought a banger then made a gun powder plot and blow up parliment ! that could work u know

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 26/10/2009 17:59  

Thought there was no easy way out,I'd have done what Wheely says,hand over R6 and start from scratch,now he's got zero + a record f#ck that it's a no brainer!

Update Reply
excalibur @ 26/10/2009 18:35  

Maybe wrong but usually fines in criminal procedings are in lieu of a prison sentence. so once sentence is carried out there is no fine to pay so no repossesion. I've also had relatives inprisoned for non payment of fines. doesn't work with court orders and the like though.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 26/10/2009 19:22  

Numpty!

Update Reply
vinnie @ 26/10/2009 19:43  

What can i say it was a man after all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/10/2009 22:46  

were not all that daft BJ hehehe

Update Reply
yorkshireman91 @ 26/10/2009 23:06  

They could have one of mine, i'd still have 4 more

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/10/2009 01:15  

Bill stop showing off :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/10/2009 15:29  

Don't know what you mean Jackie, did i tell you i have 5 cars as well

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/10/2009 21:26  

Now thats just mega showing off now lol

(what have u got, can i drive em lol)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/10/2009 23:45  

There's 7 pedal bikes you could choose from or how about a radio controlled car

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 28/10/2009 01:22  

Do any have seats big enough to erm ........... accomodate my ample rearage lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/10/2009 09:47  

That could be a problem, may lose the seat

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 29/10/2009 01:16  

BIll how rude lol true but still ...............

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/10/2009 09:44  

According to this weeks MCN, the guy had just returned to the road after 10 years of bans, ranging from speeding to no insurance. Sounds like a complete tr

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 29/10/2009 19:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email