MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Illegal music downloads.

Illegal music downloads. - Forums [Biker Match] Illegal music downloads. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Illegal music downloads.

As your all on t'interweb i was interested to know with such good music streaming sites as last.fm and others where you can set up to play only the music you want to listen to. Do you all still feel the need to download music illegally? If you dont know about them. there's a list of 30 here mashable.com/2008/07/09/streaming-music-sites/

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/10/2009 11:00  

i still buy CD's what a dinosaw eh!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/10/2009 11:02  

You old hippy.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/10/2009 11:03  

cds for me too... it's not quite the same feeling as cracking open a new vinyl, but opening a new cd and popping it onto play still maintains some of that special "new music" treat vibe

I've legally downloaded a few tracks, but it's not the same, so have never felt the need to illegally download anything.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 16/10/2009 11:16  

I'm probably preaching to the converted here but a site like last.fm will find music you haven't heard before simply becouse you added your favourite band to your music library It then makes suggestions for other music based on that. The more you dig the more you'll find without it costing a penny. i pay three quid a month to get rid of adverts and a couple more search tools. By the cd's once you find the music.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/10/2009 11:34  

My biggest problem is that I completely forget to use the sites... I've been on a few of them and you're right - it's a great way to discover new music (or "new to me" music)

I should get into the habit of it really... especially as spending on music is somewhat out of the question at the mo!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 16/10/2009 11:59  

a mate of mine uses Spotify - you can't download from there as such, but you can select & play & if you pay a nominal fee then all the adds are removed, but tbh the adds aren't that annoying or that often & it's just like listening to the radio.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/10/2009 15:57  

Illegal, Illegal not me Blues nahh never. I do like last though after you told me about it a cool site.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 16/10/2009 16:09  

H, Try last.fm. it allows you to create your own music library on line of only the bands you want so you dont need to download. or you can play anyone of the genre stations available. as i said before, as you use the site and play music, it suggests music you that is similar. Its a great way of finding music you'll like. Its not itself a download site but will direct you if you want to buy music.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/10/2009 16:13  

I'm on a mission to bring music to the masses.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/10/2009 16:14  

oh yes 2000 mp3s downloaded [the devil made me do it] from a lime coloured site

Update Reply
Screaming Eagle @ 16/10/2009 19:00  

Didn't i say i was an agent for the RIAA. (Thats Recording industry Association of America Kwak). We've all done it. I just feel that music is so easy to access now really cheaply or streamed free that there's no need to any more. Why risk viruses and the like also threat of prosecution.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/10/2009 19:33  

love last fm its introduced me to some bands/groups I would never have thought of. thanks blues for telling me about it.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 16/10/2009 20:01  

Have you met my agent?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/10/2009 20:35  

no blues I haven't will I like him. Mind you I love everyone so I am bound to like him.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 16/10/2009 20:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email