MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Disabled Bikers?

Disabled Bikers? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Disabled Bikers? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Disabled Bikers?

Went to a bike shop near me - they say a Honda Cbf 250cc is coming next Mon ! Want to see , maybe go for a ride if possible. Might be too expensive for me, now Still waiting for a cheque to come from my bike accident... I rented once a virago in Portugal, it was OK - I was able to take my daughter on the back ( but she had to put her feet down, each time i stopped) When riding on the motorway - then my knees start aching, after one hour on the bike...! I also have problems with my hands - had an op on my left hand and docs wanted to do the same on my right one - NO WAY ! Have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands A good pair of anti vibration gloves will help, lol That adaptation you say you have 4 clutch - interesting

Update Reply
Leninhabiker @ 08/10/2009 01:06  

try doing this disabled bit with a 8 year old boy in a disabled buggy, who does not look 'disabled' but has all the problems in the world - who gets 'odd' stares because of his age, gets odd stares because of 'who he is' - who's mum gets shunned every time she 'dares' to go into a disabled parking spot or dare use her special toilet key - all those idiots don't know his life, her life, how many times he panics, how many times she gets up on the hour, every hour, and really does not care because she loves him unconditionally

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 08/10/2009 02:39  

Aarons not mine but Tom is - not an attack on anyone on here mind - just the world in general, they really annoy me - not even going to go into my Toms world, I adore him and all he is, and those that laugh at him, call him a retard - well, they're not worth it

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 08/10/2009 02:42  

That says it all.

Update Reply
LINDAJ @ 08/10/2009 08:59  

Any person who makes fun of a disable - doesn't matter in witch degree - is a complete Asshole !!! People need to be educated about other " different" people with other needs ! This is something should start at home with your parents - and at school ! This goes for everything else !

Update Reply
Leninhabiker @ 08/10/2009 13:20  

...and the world will be a much better place to live !

Update Reply
Leninhabiker @ 08/10/2009 13:22  

You're quite right, people should be educated but if its not happening to them then they are not interested - unfortunately though kids have learned behaviour from parents  and other adults with which they associate, as well as 'going along with the crowd' at school. Having friends with disabled kids as well as being in nursery, language unit, primary and secondary school, I have a good understanding of diabilities, physical as well as Aspergers, Autism, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, etc. I've been attacked,, pushed, bitten, kicked, spat at, by a friends son for several years, but because I understand him and his needs I don't react, I accept him as he is - he can't help it.  People look on mortified but their the ignorant ones.  We are at a stage now 4 years on were we can spend an afternoon together, and I don't get attacked anymore, takes time but we got there in the end !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 08/10/2009 18:18  

i work with special needs children in coventry, we take the children to integration in mainstream schools and next september we will be moving to the new school which is on the grounds of a mainstream school. Its is planned that ALL the kids from both schools will mix so hopefully this is the way forward for the children to be accepted into society. But yr also right by saying a lot of it comes from the parents influence and ignorance of these special kids. THey are very special to me in a lovely way.I too regulary get bitten, punched kicked etc at work but its usually because the child has no understanding of the situation not because they want to hurt me. A change in subject now........to lenin firstly welcome and to say I also have carpel tunnel, I have just had my right hand operated on 3 wks ago, the numbness has gone completely from my hand which is good cos i would be riding and i wouldnt be able to feel any part of my hand. I havnt yet been back on me bike as my hand/wrist is still painful and I wont go back on till I feel safe to do so. I also would be interested in knowing what this adaptation to make the clutch easier is as well

Update Reply
drobess @ 08/10/2009 19:11  

Our secondary school is being rebuilt and is integrating with a special needs school next year, I think its a great idea for the future

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 08/10/2009 19:35  

Hi drobess, its a small connection easy to put on your bike. Get in touch with NABD there on the net, and look up adaptions. Its made a big difference for me.

Update Reply
LINDAJ @ 08/10/2009 20:39  

Fanx linda I will look in2 it

Update Reply
drobess @ 08/10/2009 20:46  

Hi dobress! Riding the bike makes your condition worst, because of vibration! If you can find anti-vibration gloves 4 motorbikes - will be great On summer just use the ones 4 push bikes with gel on the palm of hand ;) My ex told me they're bikes that vibrate more than others, don't remember which ones now Took me about 2/3 months to ride again after left had op Lena

Update Reply
Leninhabiker @ 08/10/2009 22:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email