MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

BikerMatch - Social site or Dating Site?

BikerMatch - Social site or Dating Site? - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch - Social site or Dating Site? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

BikerMatch - Social site or Dating Site?

Discuss....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 01/10/2009 23:13  

when you google it teecee it comes up as biker match dating social etc so its both

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2009 23:17  

Fair enough - topic closed. Next question...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 01/10/2009 23:18  

i am sure peeps will have more to say...well its eventually worked for me...so i think its great !!!!!!!!!! like frosties.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2009 23:20  

lol you can only show the cart to the horse lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 01/10/2009 23:21  

met some nice peeps and fillys on this site i think its just steady away frends, biker budys,then who nows

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 01/10/2009 23:48  

Can only speak for myself, met my woman at 1st bm meet I went to! Worked for me!

Update Reply
Backstreethero @ 01/10/2009 23:52  

wen i 1st joined i woz lookin 4 dates, i did go out wiv a fella off here but it didnt work out. For me now, personally i use the site as a social site. I have made many very good freinds and have been to lots of different places and events that I wouldnt of been to if i hadnt of found and joined BM. If I meet a fella on the way i do, if i dont..............i dont

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/10/2009 00:02  

Think its a great site to meet new people and make friends , if folk find partners along the way good luck to them

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/10/2009 00:07  

i guess its all aboot what you want to get out of this here site! it is a great site to meet new people and make new friends and like BJ says, if you meet someone special along the way then good luck. But of course you have to remember that if you change your status to "attached" i believe you still have to expect to recieve nods or PMs regardless because of the social nature of whats being created here! and of course not everyone understands that being attached means "I'm not interested" some people may interperate what they read to suit their own purpose! depending on IQ level!!! That being said, of course you are not forced in any way to respond to any unwanted pm and indeed the block is there for a reason should you so need it! i love the social side myself, and of course meeting up at group events is essential!

Update Reply
diamondsabre @ 02/10/2009 00:41  

Believe me this site works very well on both levels. I joined for the social aspect and I've made many brilliant new friends in the last three years. As an added bonus I met Cassie through this site (nearly two years ago to the day) and found a true soul mate. Nuff said.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 02/10/2009 00:56  

I joined for the social element....and if I found someone then that would be the icing on the cake..I have met lots of lovely people over the last couple of years and attended some great meets events etc...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 02/10/2009 01:29  

TeeCee the site started out as a dating site, sister site to Bike Chat, and took off quicker than Bike Chat, then it developed, by the members, into a social site as well. I'm curious as to why you asked the question?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2009 01:51  

Ian had a little rant about LC receiving nods when she was attached and I was trying to calm him down by explaining that a nod can just be a friendly hello and not necessarily a chat up line. Rather than discuss this in the Random Rant thread I thought I would start a new one so we could all have a chat about it. If it turned out to be a predominantly dating site then I had better not be on here!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/10/2009 02:07  

LOL TeeCee I think you can safely say it aint predominantly a dating site, not anymore. If you wanted to discuss nods why did you give it the title it has? As for the nod I wish it was deleted from the site cos it causes a lot of confusion. Matt refuses to delete it. It was more confusing when it was a wink, and I still can't work out why I was ignored when I responded to a wink. What was the point of sending a wink? I (wrongly) assumed it meant the sender fancied me. I don't respond to nods on here at all. If folk want to let someone know they like them, perhaps want to meet / date them, then cough up the small amount of membership fee and send them a ruddy private message!!! saves confusing them or them being ignored/embarrassed cos they got the wrong impression. I think of the nod on here same as a nod when out riding, but on here I can't see the point of it. Just my opinion It surprises me how many bikers don't nod in return, when out riding.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2009 02:26  

The nod/wink thing has been discussed in other threads ad nauseam - I wanted to concentrate on another part of the conversation we had about this being a dating site. Right from the start I joined this as being a social site and have never looked for anything else. My status has always been 'looking for nobody' or 'attached' and I still get nods from male and female members and just take it as an introduction and not as someone hitting on me. By the way, when people don't return my nod/salute when out riding I assume that they are a) unobservant b) not competent enough to move their hand from their handlebar or alter the angle of their head without falling off c) they have small penises or d) all of the above.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/10/2009 02:39  

Ian had a little rant about LC receiving nods when she was attached and I was trying to calm him down by explaining that a nod can just be a friendly hello and not necessarily a chat up line. Rather than discuss this in the Random Rant thread I thought I would start a new one so we could all have a chat about it. Your comment above is why I asked why the title. Your comment below confuses me more lol The nod/wink thing has been discussed in other threads ad nauseam - I wanted to concentrate on another part of the conversation we had about this being a dating site.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2009 02:45  

O...k..... did you read the Random Rant thread? (it is way too late/early to be doing this... ) Members trying to placate Ian by saying that a nod can just be someone saying hello..... Ian saying that this is a dating site too and nods can be taken either way.... just wanted people's views on whether they regarded this as a dating site or a social site (or both)... Any clearer? Can I go to bed now?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/10/2009 03:00  

Yes (you're right) I know Yes Yes, I'm not stopping ya Sleep well TeeCee

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2009 03:12  

When I first found this site, I assumed it was a dating site, until I saw the forums. At that time, it suited me (and still does) as I was not and am not looking for a 'partner' right now. I have, through this site connected with a few people, both male and female, who I would now call my friends, and for that I am grateful and don't care if it is a dating site or a social one.

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 02/10/2009 06:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email