MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Active or Reactive? A Q. for the singles on here

Active or Reactive? A Q. for the singles on here - Forums [Biker Match] Active or Reactive? A Q. for the singles on here - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Active or Reactive? A Q. for the singles on here

I have been pondering (uh oh!) and wondered if the 'singles' on this site send loads of 'nods' (I don't) or loads of messages to people who's profiles they like the look of (I also don't)... just curious... not ruling out our attached members... I joined primarily to meet new people as friends, as my love life has never been straightforward unfortunately lol... and like I said, just got to pondering what other people's approaches are.. I tend not to send nods etc... as I am (like most people probably) scared of rejection...its the same reason I never chat people up in real life either... then sit and wonder why I am still single. I guess for me, I am not sure if I like being single or not... have been for 6 months now, and have, I admit, got into my own routine and wonder if someone could fit into that... but then miss the snuggling up, the sharing etc that couples have. Bit rambly... but would love to hear other peoples views, opinions etc...

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 25/08/2009 11:22  

i love being single, i send loads of nods and pms, i chat to everyone i meet in real life and rejection doesnt bother me one bit. think i covered em all lol

Update Reply
dunans @ 25/08/2009 11:26  

Lol Duns... I wanna be YOU!! I am outrageous once I know people, but initially very shy (yeah, really)... when I am doing my thing with the band, I am this huge, larger than life person... yet if anyone talks to me afterwards, I go bright red, never know what to say etc etc... *gives up* lolol

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 25/08/2009 11:32  

ive pmed u before havent i lol

Update Reply
dunans @ 25/08/2009 11:36  

nope don't think so? lol

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 25/08/2009 12:14  

i love being single doing what i like without having to think of someone else!! but it can be a bit lonely on a holiday when it comes to havin a meal alone trouble is durin the day i'd rather ride meander alone doin what i want!!! ive started going on group dance holidays which is great as we can do our own thing during the day but all together for the evening meal and dance!!! most peeps on this site are to far away for a quick ride out for a tea or lunch! dont know why i'm on here !!but had a nice nod from a pretty 'young un' this morning which cheered me up so maybe its worth it! ive no problems nodding an p'ming peeps as ive got used to rejection[and rejecting!] its part of lifes game!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/08/2009 12:46  

I nod and PM people all the time, guess thats just me, for those who know me, know i can chat for England. If they nod back or reply great if not i dont take it personally. I joined the site to make friends and as single person if anything else comes along so be it but if not hey ho. If i wake up and get out of bed unaided its a great day :) Remember there are no strangers out there just friends you haven't met yet :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/08/2009 12:53  

Cheers BJ and TM.... I am genuinely interested and only typed what I typed from my own perspective... I also joined to make friends, and I have done and am doing so, which is great!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 25/08/2009 12:58  

i send a few nods to profiles i like, recieve a few, i like to pm somebody if there is a need to, trouble is people are too far away ...........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2009 13:04  

Yup... just had that same conversation with someone else! I have done the distance thing, and appreciate that it does work for some people, but I found it too intense... weekdays alone, then weekends when the kids were home, a man also wanted my full attention... it all went horribly wrong when he suddenly gave up his job and moved in (without really consulting me but that's another story)... he moved in, but I didn't really know him... once bitten, twice shy etc.

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 25/08/2009 13:07  

but then third time...theres meeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2009 13:14  

dont give up yer day job !

Update Reply
dunans @ 25/08/2009 14:16  

Well I love getting nods......Im not sure what the hell they mean but I like getting them. PM's are good to send out messages to people on here .........But the truly best thing on here is the chat, I have met so many lovely people like Duns and Ian.....shame more people don't feel comfy enough to join in..........Exactly what does a nod mean???? By the way I live in Aberdeen and I have met someone on here that has become very dear to me and she lives over 400 miles away and that aint stopped us mind you it could be that I'm so in love with riding that distance don't really matter

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2009 14:23  

no point....too many safes to open...the country needs me !!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2009 14:23  

hi cissy! i joined up because this was a dating site but keep hearing that that`s gonna change, i chat to lots of people, have loads of dates but find the search facility not very good, ie i want an unattatched person but think the choice is divorced seperated single, well you`re either with someone or not and same with smoking, you either do it or you dont wether its light or wanting to give up then you are still a smoker. on the whole i am quite a shy person, i do find this a good way to meet people, much better than other dating sites because it feels much more communal, not sure if thats the word im looking for or not. one thing that does bug me is when people dont fill in their profiles and nod at you from 300 miles away and wonder why you dont want to meet up!!

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/08/2009 14:32  

i aint that far away jj lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2009 14:36  

yeah but would take you forever to get here cos yr just so slooooooooow

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/08/2009 14:40  

I spent 4 years in a long distance relationship, me in Birmingham, him in Glasgow, distance is only a problem if you let it be.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/08/2009 14:43  

bring it on jj...i only used three gears...and why would i want to go past you when i had a cracking view...pardon the pun !!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2009 14:51  

thanks for the shout nanu if you meant me...if not i look like a bigger pillock than normal............looking forward to a beer at the ure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2009 15:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email