MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What is the solution?

What is the solution? - Forums [Biker Match] What is the solution? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What is the solution?

Reading the posts about bringing back the death penalty and reclaiming Wales made me think why do we keep having elections and voting in a political party that promises everything and delivers the opposite? When anyone complains about the government someone will say 'what do you suggest we do to improve on it?' So these are my questions... What do YOU suggest we can do to make our country better? If we don't have elected parties what would replace them?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 11:27  

KWAK FOR PRIME MINISTER

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2009 11:28  

LOL I was hoping for suggestions that would IMPROVE our lot not make it worse.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 11:30  

no i am on a mission now kwak.......just sorting flyers out

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2009 11:33  

Automatic disqualification from standing for Parliament to anyone who actually expresses a desire for a career in politics

Nah seriously though - we ain't so badly done by. I'd get rid of about 90% of the sodding cameras though. We're the most photographed/filmed population in the world. Has it reduced crime? Has it heckaslike.

Oh but NOW we can say "Oh look. The bloke what beat you up & robbed you is kinda grainy in appearance and wearing erm... well it's all a bit grey on this screen. Yeah. Grey hoodie and jeans."

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/08/2009 11:34  

All elected parties will let some people down eventualy it's only a matter of time............ Their problems stem from differences in Class (Tories looking out for their richer friends, Labour trying to undo the Tories "mates rates politics", and putting on the face of the "working man/classes" and the liberals getting splinters sat on the fence trying not to offend anybody but just coming accross as wishy washy in the real world) and the blaime culture each "new govt" use to justify their particular problem. Instead of blaiming the last lot just own the problem and solve it!!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 21/08/2009 11:35  

Labour's doing a fair bit of looking out for their richer friends too. The whole "Cash for Honours" farce has taken place under a Labour Govt

Party of the working class my big fat bottom!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/08/2009 11:36  

i think most of the parties have a few good ideas, why cant they all get together, the public vote on accepted policies and we all live happily ever after ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2009 11:37  

LOL Ian and Wannabe Nicely put Hull (I posted this after Hull's post)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 11:38  

That's why I put that in Wannabe putting on the face of the "working man/classes"

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 21/08/2009 11:45  

Anarchy and a complete breakdown in society is the only answer... *goes out to garage and puts finising touches to Mad Max stylee Interceptor* Let's roll.......

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 21/08/2009 11:51  

Anarchy and a complete breakdown in society is the only answer... What, ya mean like on B M sometimes? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 11:53  

How about this for an Idea! Just roll over and let Europe decide all policies for Us as a satalite of "USA" HELL YEH......................... LMAO

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 21/08/2009 11:53  

Erm.... ...nope ...ta

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 11:55  

O O if TC is goin Mad MAx stylee interceptors can i have a waterworld style jet ski thing pleaseeeeeeeee

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2009 12:22  

Bring in compulsory voting, then "we" as a nation would be responsible for whatever group of self serving twats get into power and not just the zealous party members (it would certainly make a lot of people think about how we are governed and by whom) Responsibility shared means we can spread the blame when it goes up the creek.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2009 12:22  

Oo not for me ta Celticsilver, I don't wanna live in a dictatorship. I don't wanna share the blame or apportion any I was hoping for an alternative to the useless and futile voting system we have now.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 12:24  

As I see it, it doesnt matter who is 'in power', the country is still run by the civil service, who stay in the same jobs, doing the same things, with somebody different to take the blame when it all goes wrong. MP's expenses? Why has nothing been done about blatant fraud? Because nobody in public service wants to rock the boat and lose all their own cushy 'perks?'. From police chiefs to Judges - Senior civil servants to tax inspectors(who should know better) they're all the same. SO, dont just look at our oversubscribed political parties, start at the top and work down, slashing outragious claims, evening up public vs private sector sick/maternity/holiday rights, . . . . . Just reading this back I think ill get off my soap box as I'll never get a ticket to Utopia! Im off for a ride!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2009 12:33  

Never known a political party yet who has stuck to there election promises. I dont think it matters who gets voted in, you will never please everybody and those with the power will always look after themselves and there own first. Even at local level its who you know rather that what you know or your stance is.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2009 12:42  

The system works perfectly well. We live in a democratically elected dictatorship

Update Reply
Phil @ 21/08/2009 13:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email