MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Whats your Opinion?

Whats your Opinion? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Whats your Opinion? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Whats your Opinion?

Some would say that we actually do not have the right..that 'they' scan the internet for anti government posts and comments... Some say it...not me... I don't give a damn!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 23/08/2009 09:39  

Well believe it or not but last Monday in blackpool with my kids I spent an evening drinking on the pier with a woman who said she guarded him for 8 years and she said she's sure he's completely innocent! He told her those that were responsible for the 'error' in the detonation were killed immediately abroad and this fella was a scapegoat!!

Have we released a terrorist or eased a conscience I wonder

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/08/2009 20:24  

RK

I doubt very much whether he would voice his guilt if he was guilty but i never met the guy so who am i to say

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/08/2009 00:23  

Well BJ he was in prison for life so nothing to lose really!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 24/08/2009 07:50  

RK I take your point, unfortunately we will probably never know the whole truth behind this and many other crimes. How i wished i could be invisble for the day and sneak about in MI5 or CIA files

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/08/2009 14:17  

Leaked letters suggest Government's Libya deal Sunday, August 30 08:56 am Jack Straw is facing questions over leaked letters which show he backed down on a move to exclude the Lockerbie bomber from a prison transfer agreement (PTA) with Libya. Documents revealed in the Sunday Times show the Justice Secretary said it was in the UK's "overwhelming interests" not to exempt Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi from the agreement, citing "wider negotiations" with the Libyans. The paper reports Mr Straw's apparent change in stance came ahead of a crucial oil deal with Libya and six weeks later the deal was ratified. The disclosure of the letters is likely to raise questions about the Government's position on Megrahi's return to Libya earlier this month. Scottish justice secretary, Kenny MacAskill, recently provoked anger by releasing Megrahi on compassionate grounds. Ministers have rejected suggestions that the release was linked to Britain's commercial interests but have refused to state whether they agree with the decision to release the Libyan. In a statement, Mr Straw said: "The negotiations over a prisoner transfer agreement were part of a wider agreement for the normalisation of relations with Libya as part of bringing them into the international community." He also stressed that the Scottish Executive always retained a veto over the release and went on to say: "All this, however, is academic as Mr Megrahi was not released under the PTA treaty but quite separately by the Scottish Executive on compassionate grounds."

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 30/08/2009 09:31  

Just as i thought TC....well the bottom line i guess , is if 56 million of us benefit out of his being deported ..released or transferred , just maybe it justifies the reasons ? especially as there is some doubt regarding his guilt as well ...maybe he was the sacrificial lamb , who knows ? i'm beginning to wonder whether he got preferential treatment in prison too now .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 30/08/2009 19:21  

Double standards apply.

One bloke blows up a plane with 270 innocent people on board.

Another does the same to a plane with 240 innocent people on board.

One is branded evil and gets locked away for life and then released on compassionate grounds and welcomed back home.

The other gets welcomed back home, given a medal and lauded as a hero and then allowed to retire with no stain on his character.

The difference being...

Well one is supposedly an Arab Terrorist.

The other just happened to be the Captain of a USA warship.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 30/08/2009 20:20  

Bit of amnesia here Vinnie , what and when was the USA captains one ?? sounds like he had orders from higher up if you ask me .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 30/08/2009 20:59  

Just look up

Iran Air Flight 655

iranchamber.com/history/articles/shootingdown_iranair_flight655.php

Update Reply
vinnie @ 30/08/2009 21:27  

There are some that say that Lockerbie was a retaiation to this incident by Iran and that Libya took the hit for the team.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 30/08/2009 21:31  

Thanks Vinnie ,checked up and I recall the incident now ..it does add a new dimension to Lockerbie , but where innocent people are concerned i cannot accept an eye for an eye ideology !

Update Reply
excalibur @ 31/08/2009 10:15  

Neither can I but it does make you think about the double standards employed by the 'Good Ole US of A'.

And as much as the Septics want to bleat on about a convicted mass murderer being released they tend to convieniently forget about the My Lai massacre and what happened to man held responsible for it after he was convicted and sentenced.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 31/08/2009 12:56  

Its hard to believe that William (rusty) Calley only apologized and showed the 1st signs of remorse 2 weeks ago ...41 years after the event! and literally being pardoned by Nixon a couple of years after his life sentence .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 31/08/2009 20:09  

We can bitch all we like with the holier than tho attitude of this country. The problem is that we do the same when it suits us. Remember a lump of grass just off the coast of Argentina ?? That spot traded with Argentina for hundreds of years but when they decided they wanted it back as part of their country we realised that also included the "slice" of antartica that goes with it.A few kids and i mean kids were sent to the Falklands to show an Argentine solidarity and when we couldnt provoke an all out invasion we used the Belgrano to bring it to a head. That ship was outside the exclusion zone agreed between the two countries and sailing away ???? Oil fields of the future now secured !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2009 22:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email