MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What did it for You?

What did it for You? - Forums [Biker Match] What did it for You? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What did it for You?

I asked this question a long time ago. but most peeps on here are different now so thought i would bring it up again. My musical tastes are quite well known to many. wot started me down the rocky road to blues based music was a moment way back in time to when i was about 13-14. to those out there doing social history, thats just after the great fire of London. the time of tank tops and platform boots. It was a saturday and radio 1 was on. good old 247 metres. alan "Fluff" freeman show was on. Then it happened. some hippy wanted to hear a led zeppelin track. He played "Achilles last stand" I was staggered! Well that was it. No more slade. I thought noddy's voice was wasted with them anyway. Wot i wanted to ask is, was there a moment when you can think back and say Yea, thats wot did it for me?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 15/08/2009 11:08  

The old SPICE Advert got me into classical. Wonderful but generally only pop classical some a bit much 4 me ... Enrico? morriconie ....film Good Bad & Ugly.... Friends at scool all loved Prog Rock so ,so did I..Concerts Wicked! Went off music in Punk era....... But Golden Brown ,is a great fav. of mine.. Go Stranglers!!!!! PS: I even had a pair of platforn TRAINERS no one else did!

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 15/08/2009 11:26  

Tommy Vance....got me into my love for rock...thank you Tommy!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 15/08/2009 11:54  

walked into a lampost on it was a flyer for tango lessons loved the look of the 'tango pose'went along and got hooked on it and the music !!although i love something from everything fom gilbert an sullivan to ac dc!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 15/08/2009 14:10  

I do not think I've had that MOMENT in any particular genre but love Smooth by Santana (sensual) Lifted by The Light House Family (up lifting) Smoke on The Water (classic heavy) Monster (Allways plays in my head when going to "Into The Valley" lol) Stairway to Heaven (because) Trouble "Pink" (Quick riding/driving tune)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 15/08/2009 18:19  

Going to a mates house when I was 11 years old, his big brother had just got Deep Purple 'In Rock'. Rocked my socks off!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 16/08/2009 00:35  

I dont remember the exact 'moment' either....but remember a mate introducin me to Led Zep when I was 15..... From that day on I started savin all me pocket/paper round money and buyin each n every album til I had them all...... Still havent replaced them all with cd's....

Update Reply
Catey67 @ 16/08/2009 00:45  

Let me see, it was mid-70's and I had the choice between Disco or Rock a bit of a no-brainer really. Not 100% sure of the exact moment, but two vivid memories exist; 1. Watching AC/DC on tv (Sight & Sound in Concert, I think) and realising that music could have power and feeling at the same time. 2. Listening to Fanfare for the Common Man by ELP on the radio and thinking f**k-yeah! I think the most shocking moment of my formative rock appreciation years was when my cousin (who's a good 20 years older than me) picked up my Led Zepp 4 on Christmas day (twas one of my pressies wot Santa brought me for being a good boy) and announcing that she had been to see them live, however she couldn't remember any of the concert as she spent the whole time in the bar

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 16/08/2009 01:04  

Awwwww what a waste!! lol My elder brother was into Sabbath, Tull etc too....so that was my direction sorted! Ooooh ELP...havent heard that for donkeys'.....lol

Update Reply
Catey67 @ 16/08/2009 01:27  

love Led Zeps live recording of Whole Lotta Love, think the insturmentals brilliant

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 16/08/2009 01:53  

Sunday evening in the seventies and the start of F1 Got the chain stuck in my head to this day hearing it makes me think back to then. Got bit older and AC DC kicked in Seeing U2 as the backing band for Stiff Little Fingers

Update Reply
micksaway @ 16/08/2009 03:49  

the old slough college (it's now thames valley university ) back in the 70's...Hawkwind with Lemmy as lead singer lol and numerous other bands sort of sealed my fate as a headbanger,and a memorable night at the old fulcrum centre in slough with Bill Haley and his Comets in 78 stays in my mind.Taste has sort of mellowed over the years and now I listen to pretty much anything apart from the obvious exceptions lol but good old fashioned head down no nonesense mindless boogie to coin a phrase will always do it for me!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 16/08/2009 07:48  

what got me into music,listening to the easy rider album,way back in time ,on a stereogram,sat between the speakers and listeneing to the bike going from on speaker to the other!.oh stereo was a newish think back then.

Update Reply
minger @ 16/08/2009 08:39  

I go back a bit further ..think it was 64 65 when i suddenly realized there was more than Cliff to listen to..Top of the Pops / Jimmy Saville introduced my senses to loud music , British rock took on and conquered the world , much too much to recall a single song...to hazard a guess i'd say Stones "it's all over now" and obviously "satisfaction" also the "experienced" Jimi Hendrix album

Update Reply
excalibur @ 16/08/2009 08:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email