MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Chit Chat in Event Threads

Chit Chat in Event Threads - Forums [Biker Match] Chit Chat in Event Threads - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Chit Chat in Event Threads

To everyone (including myself) Recently quite a few events have been posted in the forum, some events are quite a long while off but all the posts are many pages long and most of those pages are just chit chat / banter Nowt wrong with chit chat but when folk need to find relevant details for the event they have to trawl thro all the banter. PLEASE leave the chit chat for the chat room or PM each other and don't post it in an event thread. Many thanks

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2009 21:52  

Soz, I don't mean to be bossy but the chit chat causes confusion and annoyance to some.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2009 21:53  

so do we have to strictly keep to the subject kwak...if ya not careful it will seem quite regimental...dont know how you can police this unless the mods keep removing posts as they normally end up wondering down the wrong track......with some of us being so quick witted and comical

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2009 21:58  

wot no banter at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read alot of the threads 4 the banter, ow about keepin the banter but also say about the event as well

Update Reply
drobess @ 14/08/2009 22:02  

Well Ian I aint a mod or a cop but I do tend to adopt the role of 'mum' and try to keep the 'kids' in line lol It's just much easier, or would be, if folk kept the banter out of an EVENT thread. It has been mentioned before.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2009 22:03  

That would defeat the object drobess, the idea is to keep it to the event only then folk, especially newbies, can find all the info they need without having to read thro pages and pages of irrelevant text. I don't mean ALL topics, just the events.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2009 22:04  

it will never happen kwak, and the threads will just become boring

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2009 22:05  

what kind of bike is that that you are sat on in your profile piccy Kwak, its lurrvley, was it one of yours?

Update Reply
julie j @ 14/08/2009 22:05  

very good julie lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2009 22:07  

That's one of the reasons Matt built the chat room for us, to chit chat in there instead of on the event threads.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2009 22:08  

keep 2 the subject julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
drobess @ 14/08/2009 22:09  

so if all the members went in to the chat room.....hundreds of members listeneing to my drivel.....there aint enough colours

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2009 22:11  

Kwak you've bantered with me in my event posts you cheeky monkey!

As far as trawling goes, the event details are at the beginning of a thread, including the event page itself, the latest info is near the end and the middle is generally chit chat and banter from peeps who've stayed in that thread cos they enjoy the banter. Much more likely those people will end up at the event cos of the craque on the thread and feeling like you know a few people already when you get there

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 14/08/2009 22:20  

well said that fellow....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2009 22:21  

still dont like the chit chat in the chat rm

Update Reply
julie j @ 14/08/2009 22:24  

I included myself in my first post Good point Rusty re: the same folk meeting up cos of the chat in the thread BUT what's wrong with chatting in the CHAT ROOM? There's nowt as queer as folk, last time this topic was brought up (by someone else) a lot of folk agreed the banter and chit chat wasn't necessary.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2009 22:26  

but you cant have loads of people in chat kwak...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2009 22:30  

not every1likes goin in2 chat tho, me n rk av ad plenty of banter ova our meet in sept n i know wot he means cos i feel like i know him, will be gud 2 meet u rk

Update Reply
drobess @ 14/08/2009 22:31  

Don't like, or want, to use the chat room? Chat via PMs, or email. I don't understand why such resistance to a perfectly simple request in order to make it easier for others. As you were then.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2009 22:38  

As a relative newbie i find the banter in the threads makes me read more of them, which in turn makes me more informed (which may not necessarily mean more intelligent)

As for chatting in Chat room when it is busy its hard to keep up with any banter as it moves to quick and doesnt stay on screen long enuf to take it all in.

Just my humble opinion

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/08/2009 22:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email