MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

De-flowering RV's

De-flowering RV's (5) - Forums [Biker Match] De-flowering RV's (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

De-flowering RV's

Well folks it's funny when you read back cos we've tried to draw a line under this one a few times but peeps still insist on throwing in another story! lol

Great idea moonstone about the 'organisers', lets tie them all to the marquee pole naked and smear stuff all over them

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 21/07/2009 17:42  

it's not gone to bed yet i have read the last posts and the statements it only happens with consent are incorrect they might not have seen it happen but it does and having witnessed it the experience is unpleasant sorry to chime in again but i couldn't accept those statements

Update Reply
punkdude @ 21/07/2009 18:55  

OK Punk I know what your saying about what has happened with other bike clubs at rallies ... Maybe the wording should be ... NO friendly biker will undergo anything without consent,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/07/2009 18:59  

... or should that be... The Friendly Bikers, and BM members, agree that without consent, no-one will be "initiated" at the Ure Welcome Rally *by* or *involving* members of either the Friendly Bikers, or BM. I doubt you can stop groups of friends, not associated with BM or FB from doing an initiation, but we can give *our* guarantee can't we? ***and on a personal note, having started my rally experience at the Kent Custom Bike show, run by Hell's Angels, I've still not seen things get "out of hand" ***

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 21/07/2009 19:08  

Enough of this paranoia, if you please.

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 21/07/2009 19:16  

OK Punk I know what your saying about what has happened with other bike clubs at rallies ... Can honestly say that i have never witnessed any bike clubs getting involved with RVs. Its always been individuals not connected with clubs. Also its not always the mates that do the bad stuff but other people joining in that the so called mates just stand and watch.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2009 19:24  

Good point... Interesting that people keep trying to stop this thread, when it is really interesting to hear people's opinions and experiences of RV 'initiation'... it might seem to be going round in circles... but each point is more than valid and interesting (well, to me anyway!). I agree with RD above... that clubs tend not to get involved in RV initiation for reasons I have mentioned before...

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 21/07/2009 19:53  

Given that you're a Student of Psychology... I can't help thinking we're being analysed!!!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 21/07/2009 20:07  

Well if I hadn't already finished my Psychology degree I would have lots of material to use here

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/07/2009 20:09  

wibble?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/07/2009 20:10  

Blimey...the comment wasn't meant to be a pissing competition... Ok, scrap any mention of what we might or might not be studying/have studied... I still find it all fascinating... even as a lowly new person! The shootong down in flames is slowly wearing thin ya know!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 21/07/2009 20:12  

In my experience sidepatch clubs are often the ones initiating RVs however in 30 odd years of rallying I have never seen anyone other than volunteers going through the treatment and almost without exception it has been their mates or their club conducting the affair. I can't say it never happens any other way all I can say is that after attending a few hundred rallies and shows I have never seen it go down any other way.

Update Reply
prof @ 21/07/2009 20:33  

Prof some of us have,believe me it does go on.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2009 20:35  

i didn't mentioned clubs because the ganging up initiations i have seen have been by individuals joining in when they are fueled by alcohol and are the sort of people ie bullies that no self respecting club would have as members one scenario i saw was a young lad on a 125 presumption made he was a RV and must be deflowered tied up and sobing being covered in gunk till we went and cut him free but we were the kiljoys apparently it is stll an old outdated ritual that does nothing to promote biking it tends not to happen at custom shows as much but taking the shires show as an example the local mayor presents the custom show trophys if he saw an initiation on site his whole perception of bikers has changed and he goes home with a tale of strange rituals to reinforce peoples preconceptions rather than a tale of people just chilling in the sun looking at custom bikes which is the reality

Update Reply
punkdude @ 21/07/2009 21:32  

Bloody hell I'm glad I don't attend rallies lol, the amount of debate gone into this one over one topic is enough to put anyone off. FGS we're all adults all we gotta do is say 'feck off' if we don't want to join in. Bloody hell a practical joke is just that, they're not the mafia or some other menacing body. Relax for god sake and enjoy the bloody rally. Or else!! NOW can we put this topic to bed? Zzzzzz

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/07/2009 22:06  

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about initiation ceremonies at rally's or what might happen if you're a rally virgin, has anyone got any experiences they'd like to share??

Sorry kwak, only joking

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 21/07/2009 22:23  

I don't normally SLAP guys who are cheeky Rusty but I'm goina make an exception, only by proxy cos I don't want ya enjoying yourself! ROFLMHO

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/07/2009 22:25  

kwak

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 21/07/2009 22:29  

I've watched this thread develop with interest and would like to make some comments before it goes round and round so much it disappears up its own orifice. I have done the odd rally but not for a long time since I do not find much pleasure in drinking myself silly in a muddy field. Having recently camped at the Upton Blues Festival, as much as I liked the music, the best thing about it was having a shave and a shower afterwards. I can't say I like initiations of any sort, either.

If this is supposed to be a friendly rally primarily intended to attract individuals new to motorcycling and to rallies, surely the sensible option is to promote it as a safe environment where any sort of initiation or hazing for first timers is not acceptable. Merely saying that this should not take place if the 'victim' is unwilling is not enough since for the impressionable there will be peer group pressure to go along with it or you won't fit in. As others have pointed out, when alcohol becomes a factor, things can get out of control so laying down some ground rules in advance is essential.

So, if it is made clear that initiations are strongly discouraged in before the start of the rally, those new to such events will not feel intimidated and those likely to initiate initiations and who think that the organisers are spoil sports won't come.

Job done. Everyone's happy. QED. Amen.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 21/07/2009 22:40  

The initiators won't be happy tho cata, job undone!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 21/07/2009 22:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email