MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Barnsley Bike Show 26 July 2009

Barnsley Bike Show 26 July 2009 - Forums [Biker Match] Barnsley Bike Show 26 July 2009 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Barnsley Bike Show 26 July 2009

Barnsley Bike Show Sunday 26 July 2009 Held at Shaw Lane Cricket Club Entrance Fee Payable £3 but check first in case of increase For those who aint been to this event before it usually finishes a lot earlier than advertised. I may go to this if I can persuade my sis to give me a lift http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=437

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/07/2009 10:55  

Hey we may see you there Kwak, I have the weekend off so if its dry will be a nice run out

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/07/2009 13:09  

Don't forget to take plenty of flyers with you.

Update Reply
timhall @ 19/07/2009 23:07  

It's looking more likely Shell as crow has offered to give me a lift there, he's entering his bike, I wish I had some batteries for my camera. I'll be going if I can sort my cash flow problem out before then. I aint got any flyers Tim, didn't see the point in asking for flyers when I rarely get out anywhere to distribute them; besides the Barnsley bike show isn't a large event and not a long one either lol Are you not goin to it Tim?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/07/2009 23:18  

You will have to let us know Kwak & can grab a coffee together ... I want to get out & about as much as we can this weekend, am hoping it stays nice as have kept the time booked off work so Ian & I can spend some quality time out & about together ... I dont have any fliers either .

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/07/2009 14:21  

i wnot be able to make this one...got the muggles this weekend

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2009 14:23  

mite see u there shell kwak only 2 mins away from me hehe

Update Reply
nina @ 21/07/2009 14:39  

well i will speak to the kids , my daughter would love it, but 13 years old son just wants to be out footballing

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2009 14:40  

Sounds good Nina , will drop you a PM

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/07/2009 15:01  

Hopefully see you all there eh? Weather forecast says weekend is going to be drier, let's hope it's DRY. I'd cross me fingers but my typing is bad enough as it is Ian there's plenty of room at the cricket club I'm sure your lad could find some of it to kick a ball around a bit.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/07/2009 21:55  

Hope to see you folks there, is anyone else going?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/07/2009 23:49  

Well its looking good so far, but it is only 7.30.

I think we need a real time weather report off Nina. Lmao

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/07/2009 07:52  

well it's currently pishing it down here in HOlmfirth - but with the penines, it could be blazing sunshine 5 miles away - but the general forecast for over this side is pretty grim

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 26/07/2009 09:09  

If it helps, it's raining in Pontefract but I have no idea how far away that is from the show - sorry. Skies are light grey rather than dark grey though. The cat won't go out if that helps! Hope it dries up for you all.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 26/07/2009 10:17  

aggrogate`s all grey but dry, dont mind getting wet on the bike since i did a days training in torrential rain practicing braking techniques that actually work and have given me loads of confidence had a very nice run out one evening last week in the wet on me new tyres quite good fun really

Update Reply
julie j @ 26/07/2009 10:58  

I think I need to do the same course as you Julie. I don't mind riding in the wet but I do lose a hell of a lot of confidence. Have you washed the bike yet? Me neither!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 26/07/2009 11:12  

dont have to was this new one,just drop it of at the workshop and swap it for a fresh one, stilll havent found the donuts tho!

Update Reply
julie j @ 26/07/2009 11:15  

Is there a secret under seat compartment?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 26/07/2009 11:17  

Sorry we didnt make it to anyone that went, been raining here all day & tho ian & I dont mind being out in the rain (I did my solo ride with it persisting down) the fact that my waterproofs are not so waterproof at the moment made us think twice

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/07/2009 19:14  

True to his word crowcat came to collect me even tho it was raining and altho it started out rainy it did stop for a little while and was sunny. While we were there we saw nitro70 and his son and new member Blade Pilot recognised me and asked if I was Kwak, so ya see Nitro I DO look like my photo I think Crow took some photos, I know there was one photo in particular he wanted to take which had us all laughing. The couple who looked like typical bike/rally bods and arrived on a bike towing a trailer with a dog kennel on the back, ok it wasn't a kennel but it had a dog in it. Nowt funny about that in itself but a rocker with a standard poodle?? Na! Just didn't work for me. All I could think of was 'he was the only gay in the village' Sorry, I shouldn't mock but it did look odd. Especially as the mutt had a waistcoat on and loads of badges (what do they call those half moon badges bike club members wear?) It was a shame those who wanted to go couldn't get over, the weather didn't help with plans but there'll be other gatherings/events so hopefully see you there. Thanks for the lift crow, I'm glad I aint got the hump anymore, my harris will recover but will the hump?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/07/2009 22:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email