MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Welcome a shy lady!

Welcome a shy lady! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Welcome a shy lady! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Welcome a shy lady!

Was nice to meet you today tigger , hope you now realise we just a mad bunch but harmless on the whole **well some of us are if reminded to take the medication they should ** Look forward to seeing you at many more events & trips out

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/07/2009 20:14  

Hey Liz, (tigger)

You're a dark horse! I'm really glad you went to the maintenance day, you'll have to tell me what these people are really like later

I'm gutted I couldn't get there, it's like missing out on a school trip reading all your posts now

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 12/07/2009 20:29  

Hi Tigger Dont think your a full on biker till you do the disk dance and the kill switch I went to Westbay on Friday rolled up all cool in front of crowd. Went to put side stand down and knocked gearshift instead. Opps. Lucky I had the front brake on. Made the woman standing in front of me jump and I was a very red colour under my Lid

Update Reply
micksaway @ 12/07/2009 22:32  

mick,

hows about pulling up at a busy junction, kicking it into neutral thinking you're in first then opening the throttle, picking your left foot up, revving the bollocks of it and toppling over Didn't realise how strong my left leg was!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 12/07/2009 22:37  

Classic like it. Ive never dropped it but I have tried to pull away in neutral Lots of noise

Update Reply
micksaway @ 12/07/2009 23:03  

i also av dun the dico lock dance and its got a springy fingy onto the handlebars as well, av u tried the chain lock dance as well, i av n me chains bright red, like me face was wen i ad2 get bak off 2 take it off.....................hehe

Update Reply
drobess @ 12/07/2009 23:37  

Feel better now that I am not the first person to act like an idiot on my bike! Nice to meet everyone on Sunday and the maintenance lesson was very useful to me and I now know what I have to check for. RK - maybe a bribe of some barny ice cream may encourage me to tell you what they were really like!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2009 15:33  

Hi tigger, nice to meet you on Sunday, dint really get to talk to you much, but I'm sure we'll see you agen soon. Ohhh...and i've done the disc lock thing (once in my back garden, thankfully) and I do the kill switch lots of times... but... have you done the "side-stand-down-why-wont-it-start" thing? another one of my favourites

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/07/2009 15:44  

aww....bless..dont know if i met you sunday..but hello anyway

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2009 15:51  

Hi Karey - yes I have done the side stand trick, I think I am gradually buiding up a portfolio of stupid things to do with a bike! Might be the only thing I could get a prize for! Hi to ianhq1971 - dont know whether I met you either, this old age memory is on its way out!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2009 16:06  

maybe when ya get a picture up , i can remind you..lol..what bike were you on ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2009 16:09  

Hahah tigger... that's the kind of prizes i win too. I'm sure you both met, you were not more than a couple of feet away when i arrived, anyway Edit: yep indeed infact the very first photo on events you are right next to each other..lol http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_photo...ent_id=505

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/07/2009 16:15  

He must have been hiding from me! Or maybe didnt recognise him without the hat! Was on a blue fazer - parked next to XK, who I have to say kindly took me under his wing and looked after me - thanks XK.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2009 16:20  

thanks kaz......very helpful as per usual lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2009 16:21  

haha... you're welcome

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/07/2009 16:24  

you should get a pay rise kaz......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2009 17:54  

HI Tigger, welcome to the site. I too have done the kill switch thing, and..............the failing to turn the petrol on thing! Bike puttered to a halt just up the road, and whilst I was contemplating the problem, and coming up with the fact that I had forgotten to turn the petrol on, a kindl biker stopped to ask if I was ok! (I said, yes fine thanks, have just fixed the problem!)

And I don't dare use a disc lock, cos I know I'd never remember I had it on!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 14/07/2009 18:32  

Dragon,

I don't believe a lady who drives heavy plant with all those levers n knobs could possibly do the kill switch thing! Thought you'd be a highly trained switcher onner

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 14/07/2009 20:15  

Hi tigger welcome to the site.I have sent you a welcome pm just to ease you into it all...like I say this site is awesome and I love it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2009 20:08  

Hi ..Sure u will soon find ur on solid ground 'ere.. Enjoy exploring

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 10/08/2009 20:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email