MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Welcome a shy lady!

Welcome a shy lady! - Forums [Biker Match] Welcome a shy lady! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Welcome a shy lady!

Hello peeps,
I met my first BM member last night for a ride out and we covered around a 100 miles of A/B roads with a few stops. She's been a member for a few months but she's a little too shy to say hello! She might be interested in going to the BM rally but with not knowing anyone (except me now of course) she needs to get to know a few peeps and she's single lads . I asked her if it was ok to give her a mention in the hope that some of you might PM her and say hello so she can get more involved. Her name is Tigger123 (Liz). I'm sure you friendly people would be more than happy to get in touch with her and make her feel welcome

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 14:17  

Hi Tigger 123 welcome to the site it really is a friendly site and though are now attached due to this site I wouldnt leave all the friends I have made. I havent met all of them but online friends are very supportive in cybre space as well as in the flesh. Hope this might break the ice and we could see you around sometime Lin x

Update Reply
moonstone @ 11/07/2009 14:22  

Hiya Tigger123 (Liz) Jump right in dont be shy, everyone on here is a friendly bunch, they usually have taken thier meds Like moon I am also attatched ... not via this site but we did meet online 3 years ago, so it does work Have met a few off here & had some good laughs & feel lucky to even call some of them friends now.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/07/2009 18:20  

the wonderful thing about tigger is tiggers a wonderful thing she likes to ride her bike just dont blow ya rings lol enjoy the site and dont be shy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 18:24  

Come on in the waters fine.

Update Reply
prof @ 11/07/2009 19:52  

Hi all, Thanks for being so welcoming - this is all a bit strange to me at the moment as just getting used to being single and having to go back out into the big wide world!! Is great to get some mileage onto my bike as not a very confident rider so was helpful to go out with rustyknight on some weird roads and even weider hairpins/hills!!! Just given lady bikers a bad reputation today as tried to ride off with my disc lock still on my wheel in the middle of town - sorry all!!! Liz

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 20:39  

whooo hoooo she`s come out to play! hiya liz welcome to bm, hope we get a chance to meet up soon!

Update Reply
julie j @ 11/07/2009 20:41  

Hiya Tigger , as Prof says , dive in .Welcome

Update Reply
excalibur @ 11/07/2009 21:01  

Thanks Julie j - am slowly coming out of my cocoon!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 21:02  

Nice one with the disc lock Liz

I won't mention the engine kill switch incident last night then eh

I've posted a thread about a camping night and had a few replies if you have a look

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 21:13  

welcome its gggrrreeeeaaaattttt to see you on here.. and i think most of us have done the disc lock dive,,, hope theres no damage but it is funny when people do it they allways get up realy fast like it didn't happen..lol disc lock dive sounds like a little dance were you end up arse over tit.. oh yer its brake danceing

Update Reply
londonblade @ 11/07/2009 21:18  

Did feel a bit of a fool but luckily I didnt fall off or damage the bike - which is still unscratched so far but dont expect it will be like that for much longer. Thanks RK for telling all about the engine kill switch - must return the favour sometime!!! The camping night sounds good fun, am up for that - nice one!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 21:27  

tigger I didn't say who had the kill switch incident but it's very honest of you to own up!

A tip, if you get a little vinyl sticker made out of the same stuff as a tax disc holder in your car, you could keep it in your pocket and stick it on your visor every time you've got your disk lock on to remind you its there.

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 21:37  

Cant believe I got caught out with the kill switch incident, dont suppose I will ever live that one down! I have a disc lock with the chain that attaches to the handlebars so that I cant forget - oops, it is not enough, maybe I should resort to your suggestion RK. I read that chocolate helps to stave of senility I am obviously not eating enough!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 21:43  

hey up lass, welcome aboard, if ur a little nutty or just plain mad u'll fit in fine ... if not...RUN AWAY NOW WHILE U CAN lol

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 11/07/2009 21:49  

Yep, I've done the disc lock dive, and in the middle of Tesco car park too! Also been on the point of calling the RAC before discovering the kill switch was off. So you're not alone!
Welcome on board Tigger, I'm sure you'll fit in well.

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/07/2009 21:55  

Nice to know I am not the only idiot on a bike then!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 21:59  

Guilty of the disc lock, never done the kill switch one, even better/worse ever seen what happens when you manage to start a harley in gear? It fell into first from neutral, now that was embarassing, right in the middle of Barnsley show.

Update Reply
prof @ 12/07/2009 09:44  

hi tigger welcome to bm, your from my neck of the woods to, i was brought up near barnard castle and my family still live there. come along to a few events, i was shy till i joined this site, there is such a great mix of people on here

Update Reply
caz36 @ 12/07/2009 10:21  

Hi Tigger, well I still consider myself "new" on here, met quite a few people now and getting to know them slowly but surely, as I'm slightly shy too on first meeting groups of new people. No-ones bitten me .....yet. Come out and play, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 12/07/2009 20:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email