MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Karma performance

Karma performance - Forums [Biker Match] Karma performance - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Karma performance

The new Karma system I developed is really putting a strain on the system. Each person’s Karma takes ¼ second to generate/calculate, so I’ve already had to remove it from the “Online Users” page which is a long list (Taking 60 seconds to load for example). I have a solution however…. I will stop the dynamic calculations and start running a job 2 or 3 times per day that will refresh everyone’s Karma. I’ll make this change next week because it’s quite a complicated one do. Just a head’s up in case you’re wondering why some forum pages are loading slow recently.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/07/2009 09:00  

Do we really need Karma? I find it embarassing because I seem to be on here often but its so little.
I say get rid of Karma!!

Update Reply
moonstone @ 10/07/2009 09:20  

Noooo! Keep the Karma!! There's no other way I'd get onto the top 20 males list!!

Update Reply
mat750 @ 10/07/2009 09:37  

u can ditch the karma for me, i av been hovvering around the middle of pop fems but i still dont rate it, if u join in the chats n forums you can soon see who is a regular contributor. peeps seem too concerned with raising their karma, just join in i say!

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 10/07/2009 10:20  

I thot it was a scale of weird and wonderful, phew glad mines only low lol do i need to move my furniture round to get it higher or am i mixin that up with sumat else lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/07/2009 10:51  

Dammit... I clicked on this thread hoping to see Matt's world famous Boy George impression!

*sulks*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/07/2009 11:06  

P.S. I much prefer the "karma" system over the old "most popular" system.

& before anyone says "You would say that, wouldn't you?" because my karma count is high enough to be in the top 20 jobbie, you can reset my karma count to zero for all I care, I still think the system's better than "most popular".

At least "karma" is showing people in the top 20 that are active around the forums and on event attendance etc and not just PM/nod count etc. "Most popular" seemed to be mainly based on people looking at profiles/being looked at, nods and PMs from what I could make of it.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/07/2009 11:16  

WB,you would say that wouldn't you because your karma count etc etc.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/07/2009 11:28  

BM is slacking... 12 minutes for that response?!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/07/2009 11:32  

Jackie - I think you're thinking of the Eastern philosophy known as Toeism. You can easily identify followers of Toeism by their joyful praise of the Unipurse, usually given in the phrase "Ouch! I stubbed my bloody toe! Who moved that chair FFS?!"

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/07/2009 11:44  

you can reset my karma count to zero for all I care,

Wb - I've tried clicking on yer Karma bar and dragging it to the left, but the damn thing refuses to budge!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/07/2009 11:44  

Ere Matt? XK broke it again!

You're in SO much trouble now XK

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/07/2009 11:45  

I'm always in the sh*t - it's just the depth that varies!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/07/2009 11:50  

We can still see your head mate!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 10/07/2009 12:50  

swim XK swim.....

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/07/2009 13:14  

lol trust u lot to be serious. And Karma is staying, took me bloody ages to develop it after everyone was complaining about the unfair popular pages. And it's generated a lot more activity on the site - which is great!

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/07/2009 13:59  

Only b'cos we are all sending other nonsense pm's, viewing each other furiously and writing a few words in the forums which have nothing to do with the topics... <-------- runs away quick...

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/07/2009 14:04  

Ah is that how karma works Feisty (must now think of inane drivel to write all over the place) WAIT - i do that already me thinks !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/07/2009 14:22  

By the way XK brown suits u lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/07/2009 14:23  

small crappy posts in the forum dont count for anything. There is a minimum length requirement before they count towards Karma. And you can view someone 1,000 times, but only 1 view counts

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/07/2009 14:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email