MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Tattoos--Good or bad?

Tattoos--Good or bad? (10) - Forums [Biker Match] Tattoos--Good or bad? (10) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Tattoos--Good or bad?

Never heard of bamboo tattoo , couldn't get onto website .

I have several tatts , most of them are off-the-peg , i have one on my chest that was re-designed to my own personal taste , the other on my chest is totally my own design and speaks for itself as to it's meaning .

Can't say that i've ever regretted having any of my tatts done , i do have a cover-up done , only to cover name bands over, the rest of the tatt is still as it was done , didn't want to do a full cover-up as i wanted a reminder not to make the same mistakes in life , even an off-the-peg tatt can have a hidden meaning .

Update Reply
fastjock @ 06/07/2009 07:37  

Hi Pollyhonda and welcome to BM http://www.bambootattoo.co.uk/index.php I'v seen this website before and would love to have a bamboo tattoo done.. it seems much less painfull and kinder to the skin.. quote from the website: With bamboo tattooing, the skin is punctured but not torn, which results in a significant reduction in pain and bleeding. Consequently there is no scabbing as with most machine tattoos, resulting in a very quick healing process – usually around four days. The tattoo therefore doesn't crack or go patchy meaning there is no need for touch ups. Furthermore as there is no blood to push the colour out of the skin, the ink settles quite deeply and no colour is lost. Bamboo tattoos tend to maintain their colour extremely well, staying bright and strong. A major benefit is that there is no problem with going in the sun following a tattoo of this type. I would be interested if anyone has had one done. Dugald, I agree it doesn't matter what the tattoo is each and every one has its own special meaning to that person.

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/07/2009 08:00  

neva heard of bamboo tattoo, sounds good tho, i'll have to take a gander

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 06/07/2009 10:24  

tc look what you started with your stilletto comment good job you never had the rare hillman gimp then we would be in trouble oh back to the point i did use to compete with a mad space framed imp for part of a season kindly leant to me after i destroyed my space framed mini

Update Reply
punkdude @ 06/07/2009 18:15  

I've seen them doing the bamboo tattoing on TV, very skilled guys they are too!

I like RK's idea about tattoed girls driving JCB's........... don't think any of my tatts would be considered blokey, esp as most of them are jewellery, ie a bracelet and rings, and I have drawn most of them myself. I also sport very long and elaborately decorated fingernails, despite working with heavy horses and machinery! I can recommend a good nail bar if any of you guys wanna have a try working with them!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 06/07/2009 18:25  

LOL @ Dragon ... I also have long nails ... Roachy once asked how I could ride a bike with them so long, so I know what you mean. I use Nail Envy on mine, helps them stay strong & I save a fortune without the need for a nail bar

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/07/2009 19:01  

oh dear,i got my first tattoo at 40....and after a bottle of tequila in a thai bar. it was done by a wierd japaneese looking geezer with hair like clarence the cross eyed lion. (anyone remember daktari?)
i didnt notice it till the morning,errrrr, afternoon when i was woken by a burning pain in my arm. thankfully, clarence had got it on straight and it didnt look too bad. it was an armband written in thai language and i didnt really give it a thought about what it said untill the girl in the next bed woke up and read it............
that will teach me to go there in the low season!
so, after a few more trips i got bored with thai's reading it and laughing at me-or disagreeing with what it said (they just dont get english humour) so i has another 1 done around it to mask it slightly.
good old clarence was still drilling away so i got suitably drunk and went for a sort of tribal thing, but i didnt want anything from a catalogue.
"no problem" said clarence, "i do freehand origional for you. you will have the only 1 in he world."
6 months later im cruising up the main road in me vest n shorts on a rented R1 and theres a tourist sat in the back of a pickup truck. he's staring at me on the bike. suddenly, he rolls up his sleeve and hey presto! he's got the same ' 1 off' tattoo on his arm!!! - sweet!
i actually had bob marley (well he looked exactly like him and smoked just as much weed while he did it) tattoo my other arm while sober and thats turned out spot on........and this time no one will want to copy it!
my next tattoo is already planned- it involves a bannana tree but the bannana's will look like ladies bits and will have my familys names on them- my dad will understand it if we ever meet up again.......not quite sure where im gonna put it yet.....

Update Reply
the raverdaddy @ 07/07/2009 23:24  

Dragon's nails are absolutely fabulous! Themed and everything for special occasions Despite not picking up my guitar for years, I'm still in the habit of keeping one hand's nails longish and the other short... just seems natural to me after so many years when I played daily

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 00:30  

Ouch!! http://www.bmeink.com/A70606/tatbambo.html

Update Reply
prof @ 08/07/2009 06:44  

prof,
I've just had a look at that link and is it me being a cynic or does the new tattoo look no different to the old one and the line thickness looks like it's been done with a chopping axe!
I had my tatts done when I was 16, nearly 30 years ago and they're still full of colour and nowhere near as blurred as that!!
I think i'd give the bamboo a miss for modern technology if I was going to have something permanent on my body unless anyones got any pics of decent bamboo jobs??

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 08/07/2009 07:53  

The bamboo tattoing method is performed using very fine needles, as fine as one human hair, very fine and intricate detail is achieved and the pain factor is 90% less on average than machine tattoos....I know!! Also, no blades are ever used, it is always needles. That girl on the link having the tiny star,should be glad she didn't have it by machine!!

Update Reply
polls @ 08/07/2009 15:50  

Polls,

She says he attached a blade to the bamboo about 2mm wide! Thats about as thick as 2000 human hairs!! Must have been agony for her. You've obviously seen someone with a bit more knowledge!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 08/07/2009 16:18  

Why do you say that Polls ? i'd say she should have used modern methods , much quicker , neater outlines , even distribution of ink and a helluva lot less pain ...41 yrs ago i had mine which are fairly large and i agree with RK they still appear better than that girls , she tells of agonizing pain , i recall mine being no more painful than a prolonged scratching of the skin , there was a fair amount of bleeding though , 10 days afterwards all healed and no problems .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 08/07/2009 16:18  

Hello Rk & Ex It's just not true, it would be impossible to create a tattoo using a blade like that, she simply isn't telling the truth which is one of the problems when people are free to plaster anything across the internet without any comeback. I know excatly how the method works with both bamboo and machine tattooing and can categorically state her account is not correct!!

Update Reply
polls @ 08/07/2009 16:30  

She also says she'd had it machine tattooed twice before and was dissatisfied with the results. Despite the pain she describes when having the bamboo process done, she's happier with how the bamboo tattoo has lasted.

Doesn't look all that to me, but what do I know?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 16:30  

She's gone to a lot of effort for a wind up... with photos of some bloke attaching a blade to a bit of bamboo and posing with it placed by her foot, along with a photo of the finished article.

Not sure why she'd lie, explaining the process complete with corroborating photos and finish off by saying that despite everything, she's please with the result?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 16:33  

Did anyone seen the Miami Ink episode when Ami had a tattoo done by a Maori? I'm sure that was using bamboo or somthing very similar.. Ami fell asleep, so it can't have been that painfull I would like to have one done by bamboo, it seems the ink is driven in deeper, therefore giving a longer lasting tattoo ?!?

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/07/2009 16:36  

Different strokes for different folks isn't it? My sis nearly passed out when she was being tattooed, but pretended all was OK as she'd gone with a friend who was frightened fartless of getting hers done and would've fled the studio screaming if my sis had given her any indication that there was anything to be concerned about.

Turned out the friend didn't have any problems with it whatsoever, whereas my sis came over all woozy from it.

She's no stranger to pain thresholds, having walked around with a broken ankle for 3 weeks, when the Docs refused to believe that there was anything wrong with her... apparently it should have been "impossible" for her to walk on it

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 16:42  

The only thing bamboo about her tatt is the handle the guy is holding with the chisel attached , seems mighty primitive to me ! unless she's confusing genuine bamboo methods with the way she was tattoo'd , you might be right in that sense Polls , "confused" not lying as WB more than likely correctly thinks.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 08/07/2009 16:45  

Spot on Exc

Or misinformed. She's been told it's a "bamboo tattoo"... sees a bloke with a length of bamboo in his hands and believes it to be the "bamboo tattoo" process.

Bit like complaining in a restaurant when you've ordered a dish that turns out to be nothing like it ought to be and being told "well nobody else has complained"... well, maybe that's because they don't know what the dish is SUPPOSED to taste like? Doesn't make them right and me wrong... just makes them either numpties for not understanding what they're ordering or way too "British" and contentedly grumbling about the rubbish food when they're safely out of earshot of the waiting staff, instead of asking them to return with the dish correctly cooked

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 16:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email