MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day - Forums [Biker Match] Quote of the Day - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Quote of the Day

Lord, Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen. Douglas Adams

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 30/06/2009 15:20  

Heyyy well done FG ! and not a bad first forum post!

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/06/2009 15:23  

Another classic from the Doug meister: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools being an IT PM - this is VERY relevant to me!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 30/06/2009 15:41  

god bless you sister....sister feisty..ready for the confession...well done on your first posting

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2009 16:26  

Both excellent quotes

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 30/06/2009 18:03  

Well thank you kindly my BM buddies... *takes bow*

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 30/06/2009 20:31  

The mind is like a parachute , it only functions when its open . (author unknown)

Update Reply
excalibur @ 30/06/2009 20:38  

The mind is like a parachute , it only functions when its open Wow Billy You dont say much But when you do !

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/07/2009 01:05  

well put exc

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2009 01:07  

People think computers will keep them from making mistakes, they're wrong, with computers you make mistakes faster. Adam Osborne (and oh boy is he right on that one!)

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 01/07/2009 09:51  

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation, for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company. George Washington

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/07/2009 14:39  

well, i was asleep when my mobi rang at 3.30am, as i am always on call for police etc, i answered to find a woman asking for a price for me to open a safe, when i gave her a price then asked do you want me to come out now, she said and i quote...." aww no i was just looking up numbers in the yp and as your 24 hrs i thought i would ask for a price...i havent actually lost my keys ...YET ".....I did try and be polite with my reply

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2009 15:25  

" Talking to you is like pushing fog uphill with a rake!" My old RSM.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 01/07/2009 16:49  

" Strange women lyin in ponds, distributin swords. Is no basis for a system of government " Dennis the peasant.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 01/07/2009 20:10  

We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works. How do you recognize something that is still technology? A good clue is if it comes with a manual Douglas Adams

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 02/07/2009 08:57  

"If you think you are can or cannot do something you are right!" Cannot reamember through lack of sleep lol below is reason why. "If a drunk driver is chased though Hull in a stollen car he will crash!" erm me! 5ish this morning after an eeejit totalled the Celica and my next door neighbors two cars (VW Bora Total write off Beetle rear and front damaged plus annother neighbors Citreon MPV Rear end damage.) At least the driver was caught by the man most aggreived rugby takled to the ground (he'd allready stopped his own progress in the car by nutting the windscreen not sure he had seat belt on but all airbags were deployed) do not know if he ended up more brain damaged by the crash than he already obviously was...... The "man" is pond life in my book. Turns out the keys were taken from the owners home! This happened opposite a School/Health ctr gates a few feet from a School crossing in a 20mph restricted road with speed bumps/chicanes luckily happened in the wee smallish hours.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 02/07/2009 09:24  

"If something is too hard to do the first time you try, it ain't worth doing." Homer Simpson

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/07/2009 11:49  

doh !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2009 12:24  

'You're a hard person to ignore, but worth the effort'

Update Reply
maxnod @ 03/07/2009 02:31  

kids jumps off a wall , just before his mum shouts..'dont come running to me when you fall off and break ya leg !!! '

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 06:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email