MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BM Chat Room

BM Chat Room - Forums [Biker Match] BM Chat Room - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BM Chat Room

Matt x

Recently when Ive been in BM CR....there are some weird and wonderful things happening...I enter some chat click onto send and it doesn't come up in the Chat window...It then alters underneath..the buttons alter to just users and you cannot send anything then..I have to completely shut down box without logging out...and then click onto Enter Chat again...also it has been automatically chucking us out of Chat for no reason either...its a bit annoying thanks!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 30/06/2009 10:45  

maybe your pc ...bc...its never done that to me , but i noticed it happened to you last night...must be the gremlins

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2009 13:02  

sorry but i cant even visualise the issue, nevermind offer an explanation lol. Definitely think its ur PC though, the chatroom is really basic web stuff

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/06/2009 21:02  

B C have you got a pop-up blocker on your puter? If it's activated then that could cause problems when you want to use the chat room.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/06/2009 21:12  

I have been logged out of the chatroom before Even though my screen name is clearly visible as logged in Only a couple o times but well frustrating

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/07/2009 03:10  

a few people say this, but it's nonsense.... the chatroom does not log you out, and doesn't have this feature. There is no way for it to kick you out.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/07/2009 07:08  

like i said, the only way i have problems is if the members trhow me out lmao, no seroiusly i have never had problems with it, its fine

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2009 07:44  

a few people say this, but it's nonsense.... the chatroom does not log you out, and doesn't have this feature. There is no way for it to kick you out. When I'm logged into the chat room but don't type for a while it logs me out. Also some folks names disappear from the chat list but the text didn't state 'so-and-so has left the room'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/07/2009 08:52  

I knew it wasn't just me It DOES happen Even though it cant So do we few, who it happens to, ALL have dodgy PC's or software? Something is definitely amiss And its happened after I have done a complete reinstall with service packs and updates So whats happening there then ? I have had exactly the same as kwak describes, on more than one occasion. I'm not whingeing, just curious Any further thoughts Matt ?

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/07/2009 10:50  

I have had a few times when I have hit enter & the text hasnt gone from the box so I have hit enter again & then its appeared 2 or 3 times Tho I did have the other day I did have people saying I was still logged into chat when I had left

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/07/2009 12:42  

Kwak, That's because each time you POST a message, it UPDATES your "LAST POSTED" time. When your "last post" time is greater than 20 minutes (i think) then you drop off the list. Rather than being 'kicked' out, you're actually just 'renewing' your 'last post' time each time you post. The list simple shows those who posted within the last 20 minutes. Shell - be patient, that's all. The chat text refreshes every x seconds. This is a trade off to allow the chatroom to be useable by everyone and not just 50% of people. If your post isn't there instantly, just give it 10 seconds or so. You should never click submit on a form twice (Especially if you're buying something online).

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/07/2009 14:00  

PS: your first post will normally take slightly longer as it has to update a few other things too.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/07/2009 14:01  

Yeah I know that Matt I do wait ... but when it doesnt come up & I hit it thats when it comes up more . The frustrating thing is when people think I am being rude in chat ... as it still shhows me there but I logged out ages before. It happened with BC the other day

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/07/2009 14:09  

Aha, the old "20 minute rule" I knew there would be a "logical explanation"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/07/2009 14:13  

when you hit logout, it updates your 'last post' time to be OLDER than 20 minutes, which trips you off the users list. Honestly it's a REALLY simply application that i designed from scratch. I can assure you that all these things everyone is saying the chatroom does/doesn't do aren't possible

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/07/2009 15:02  

And just to throw another spanner in... can we have more colours?? when it does get busy in there it can get very confusing as there are two or three of us on the same colour...

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 01/07/2009 15:07  

Or have it so that as people come in they are allocated a colour rather than picking one ?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/07/2009 15:08  

Matt, isn't 'dropped off the list' the same as 'kicked off', 'booted' and 'logged off'? Oo no! Shell I prefer to choose my own colour. If we had a PALETTE, so we could make our own SHADE, then we'd get more colours.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/07/2009 15:17  

lets get rid of the red though.talk about red eye..it lazers my eyes lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2009 15:19  

Nooo Shell... I want to choose my own colour aswell

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 01/07/2009 15:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email