MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Two bikes or a bike and a car?

Two bikes or a bike and a car? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Two bikes or a bike and a car? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Two bikes or a bike and a car?

Just ordered a lovely hat

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/06/2009 20:39  

Best cancel that order Shell, think the frog has got cold feet.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 25/06/2009 21:01  

Right, back to the subject in hand. So what's the general opinion here...commute in the car and keep the CBR for leisure? I'm not sure there's much point in selling the Stilo to replace it with another car. It's an 04 with just over 40k on the clock and I've owned it from 11 months old so know almost all its history. It's only a 1.4 so £145 to tax and not a high insurance group. I don't think I'd save that much on a different car and on an old banger I'd be back to, bits falling off and never knowing if it's gonna start on the cold wet morning which is why I'm using it in the first place. I used the CG this winter on all but the most horrible of days and I have the option of using Geoff's car. He can take me to work on any days he wants the car for work. Arrggghhhhh, I'm crap at making decisions.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 25/06/2009 21:13  

Well ya didnt say that.. we all thought you was runnin a BMW... lol... With passin your test recently you will be as keen as mustard to use a bike all the time.. it's a tough one hun!!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 25/06/2009 21:24  

Yup that would be the one for me , thats what I plan on doing. I am lucky that I have a little Alto that is 3 years old & I have had from new & is great for just running about in... Ian calls it the skateboard! But with tax at £45 per year & insurance cheap for the car and the SV almost on par thats what i will be staying with

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/06/2009 21:25  

Maybe Rach the answer is simple! Keep the CBR and use it for occasional commuting and for leisure. Use my Saab for normal commuting. Then sell both the Stilo and the CG and buy me a Hayabusa as a belated 40th birthday present and I can keep the CB for commuting!! Job done!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 25/06/2009 21:32  

Keep the vehicles, sell Geoff

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/06/2009 21:32  

Kwak !!! Ooohhh evil !! However .............

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/06/2009 21:40  

Yeah kwak , his not greedy , but he sure wants a lot lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 25/06/2009 21:44  

Running a BMW...only in my dreams and you're right, I'm full of newbie enthusiasm. What's an Alto...wow, £45 a year tax, that's a bargain! The Stilo is too big for me though and not great on economy. Only get 35mpg when commuting as it's stop/start traffic all the time which is why I LOVE the bike. Plus I'd say commuting has given me experience that leisure riding just can't. Kwak, I'm liking your style but not sure I'd raise a whole lot of funds! As for you froglet dear - hop it!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 25/06/2009 21:47  

An Alto is a Suzuki car .. 4 seats very low emissions thats why so low on insurance & tax per year, saying that tho I get a week from Ians to work & back again (60 mile per day on motorways) on a tank + running about ... usually totaling about 400 miles on a full tank, £27 per tank yeah I know before anyone says anything... some bikes have bigger tanks ! Its only a 1ltr engine but is quite happy at 80 ... ooops I mean 70mph on the motorway every day,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/06/2009 21:55  

Keep the vehicles, sell Geoff Might get £50 for him, down the knackers yard

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2009 21:55  

Hmmmm... Don't get any ideas about selling me shell!!!! Faultly goods are notoriously difficult to get rid of p.s. I look great in a hat!!!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 25/06/2009 21:56  

Might get £50 for him, down the knackers yard That much?!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/06/2009 21:57  

I lost the reciept dear ... & As I paid cash am not covered by my credit card guarantee *SIGH* Guess will have to keep you

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/06/2009 21:58  

I know; the price of scrap is ridiculous!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2009 22:00  

Hey, I'm a prime specimen!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 25/06/2009 22:03  

dont be without the car! think of the winter, or all those days going to work when you just dont feel 100% and shouldnt be on the bike there are always little `emergencys` where its a life saver,your insurance on the bike will start to go down soon and who knows parking arrangements could change in the future

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/06/2009 22:05  

... Prices only based on supply & demand

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/06/2009 22:06  

That's cheap to run, perhaps I should look at downsizing to something similar if I keep a car of my own. This still doesn't help me with racking up miles on the CBR which is costly and although I know a Honda will cope with high mileages very well I'd rather not be doing 20k a year on it! I wonder...if I got a little micra or similar, could I keep all three?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 25/06/2009 22:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email