MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Some Alarming Statistics

Some Alarming Statistics (8) - Forums [Biker Match] Some Alarming Statistics (8) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Some Alarming Statistics

Thank you WB, you know i dont say much on here. But i do object to being made to feel inadequate by a complete stranger. Not just inadequate but downright dangerous! There are people on this site that are just starting out and comments like that are destructive. For someone who professes to be of instructor standard then i would expect something more encouraging. I dont often post in the forums, but i will not sit back and let someone spout a load of bollocks about people he knows nothing about. If he wants to take the hump then thats his perogative, he obviously knows he's taken it too far. Any instructor worth his salt would take into consideration his audience.

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 02/07/2009 23:37  

Erm yep that much is obvious to the most casual observer... I've only been here a year and look at my post count in comparison to yours DC!

I really am an opinionated miserable beeatch

And I make you right - the last thing newbie riders need is to feel that they'll be put down on here for speaking up about anything they're unsure of. It's one of the best things about this site... it's not full of know-it-all people who belittle others new to the biking world.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/07/2009 23:45  

Amen U kow I'm not religeous, but it seemed approprite

Update Reply
Emzed @ 03/07/2009 00:40  

lets shut this one down now, had enough of counter steering i struggle just to go in a straight line

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 01:04  

and how do i counter steer for my belly on the bike lmao....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 01:05  

Perhaps you could dip the belly to the bend instead of your shoulder?

Update Reply
prof @ 03/07/2009 01:19  

it goes there on its own prof lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 01:20  

Thats when your walking back from pub Ian If a Valentino Rossi starts posting on here about how to ride a bike I will give him my complete attention Do any of you remember riding your pushbike down really steep bendy hills as a Kid Before you started to think about tecnique or ability No idea how I got to be this old

Update Reply
micksaway @ 03/07/2009 01:48  

Its easy Mick..yr just old

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 03/07/2009 02:05  

One day at a time mate, one day at a time.

Update Reply
prof @ 03/07/2009 07:33  

i remember those days mick and remembering thinking it was a good idea till i gathered speed and then thought ...i normally use my foot on me tyre to brake....this is gonna hurt !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 07:56  

DC - please don't suggest that we actually like each other on here! :-P Wannabe - when are you gonna write your book? I've just checked and you've posted 2,894,742 charcters on the forums alone. Don't your fingers hurt? lol. God I'd miss you if you were gone hehe. NJL - welcome back to the site mate, very long time no see. So you're watching the tennis? I didn't realise anyone actually watched it. Gotta say that it's starting to get on my nerves now, all over the telly every day. It is interesting to just listen to the girls playing though ;-) lol RK - welcome to the site, and thanks for an excellent contribution. I'm sure you'll add valuable input to future discussions also. Lamble - In the short time you've been here I've seen you post some excellent information and get really stuck into debates. This is great, and something we all want. BM definitely isn't clicky, we're just a great bunch of normal bikers who get on well, plan events for each other and sometimes even 'partner-up'. This topic has only escallated because you've let it do so, you could have stopped all this about 3 pages back. It's still not too late, but I don't think that leaving the site is the answer. Your comments will be missed, as would anyone's.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/07/2009 08:03  

It would be a shame if you left Lamble. I do get the feeling that there is a lot of very good information available within you. But of course at the end of the day, it's up to you.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 03/07/2009 08:19  

its good to have a debate where views are strong, at the end of the day thats what it is a 'debate', you do seem to have alot of knowledge so i agree with geoff, think your views would be missed.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 08:22  

& this is just one of many forums I frequent... do the site stats give you the character count in PMs perchance? We could run a competition for charidee and get folk to guesstimate my count there *ahem*

I'm told that some people "resorted" to sending PMs to Lamble as they felt uncomfortable about posting on here to "support" him because of the possible "retribution" from the alleged clique.

Not sure how a bunch of people chatting on an online forum can perform any sort of "retribution" but if there's anyone out there who honestly feels they can't have their say, then please, lodge a complaint with the moderators. Get something done about it. It'd be great to have more people posting on the forums.

Personally I didn't like the negativity that I perceived in Lamble's posts. The valid arguments he was making were getting lost in the scattergun accusations of unsafe riding and blissful ignorance etc & I felt that he might be putting some folk off posting and admitting to inexperience or ignorance of certain riding techniques.

You can't have a discussion where everybody agrees with everybody else for the sake of it. Sometimes people are going to disagree with your point or with the manner you're trying to get your point across. Spitting the dummy and pointing the finger at an imagined clique as you stomp off the site isn't an effective way of addressing any issue. Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree with me

*aiming for the 3 million character count by lunchtime* JK

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/07/2009 08:59  

Well thanks for all of your positive and negative comments and the absolute wealth of info we've all gleaned so I'd just like to make one last point about counter steering for other newbies who may be thinking this is a highly advanced riding technique as I was a few days ago. After this thread i've read up on it, watched videos and tried it out on the road and I conclude we all do it naturally to get round corners, whether it's leaning your body into the bend, this applies a very discreet pressure increase to the opposing footpeg and handlebar and also lowers one of your shoulders naturally or you run the technique through your mind as you enter the bend and make a conscious movement. It felt alien to me at first because I was exaggerating the movement. Anyway it's nowt special cos we all do it anyway that's why we come out of the other end of a bend smiling!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 03/07/2009 10:46  

RK just one thing to say to ya mate....

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 03/07/2009 10:50  

Thanks feisty

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 03/07/2009 11:10  

Hey RK.. im a realitive newbie.. riding a 125 on CBT.. and I have sooooo much to learn, never even thought about counter-steering before this topic. good on ya .. ride safe and enjoy

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/07/2009 11:10  

Hya Karey,

The best thing you can do is NOT think about it cos you're already doing it anyway!!......Take care....Terry

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 03/07/2009 12:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email