MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Been let down

Been let down - Forums [Biker Match] Been let down - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Been let down

Hi everyone Right straight to the point my mate has let me down well his missus, she has sold the bike to one of her friends so it`s all gone belly up for me nevermind. Well after searching I`ve narrowed it down to 2 bikes:- 1) a 98 750 gsxr lady owner from new about 16k on the clock. 2) a 2001 yzf 1000 thunderace about 20k on the clock with a forest of paperwork. any help or advice would be great Thank you

Update Reply
hightower @ 14/06/2009 20:05  

how about a 98 year old lady with a forest...lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/06/2009 20:37  

Buy the best buy the gixxer , suzuki the best a man can get

Update Reply
fastjock @ 14/06/2009 20:43  

My personal choice would be the gsxr....a) cos i like them and b) a lady owner is more likely to have left the looking after the bike to professionals.

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 14/06/2009 20:45  

suzuki would be my preference over the yam, but i would still say a blackbird, keep with either of those easily, and more comfy ride

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/06/2009 20:47  

well the lady has been banned that`s the reason for selling opps just found out hehe. but the thunderace is also a good sports tourer too that`s why I thought of it. Hmmm decision decisions

Update Reply
hightower @ 14/06/2009 21:48  

I've owned both , the suzy and yammie and will agree its a hard choice...the suzy being older but less miles , it boils down to personal choice here HT , but if in doubt take both . lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 14/06/2009 22:19  

cheers excalibur i wish i could have both but the bike will be mostly me but on some occassions two up riding and the odd long run too. After the tl it`s hard to choose what to get next to be honest but i`m after comfort,handling and alittle squirt when needed.

Update Reply
hightower @ 14/06/2009 22:29  

i would think of the aching wrists, the yam be still be quick but be a more comfier ride

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/06/2009 22:33  

hmmm never thought of that to be honest ian i`m tall so it might help having the yam has it`s classed has a sports tourer so handling should be ok tooo cheers for that

Update Reply
hightower @ 14/06/2009 22:35  

Good luck HT , you cant go wrong with either make , but if the yam's a Fazer type more straight up riding position and you feel its right for you ...go for it! i'm a suzie fan always have been , but kindle much respect for the yammie since riding the v-max for 4+yrs ...wait for more response from BM'rs if you have the time you're bound to get sound advice .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 14/06/2009 23:07  

You'll probably have made a decision already, but in my opinion a good V twin is hard to beat for easy touring Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 14/06/2009 23:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email