MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Karma / Fairer popular members pages

Karma / Fairer popular members pages (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Karma / Fairer popular members pages (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Karma / Fairer popular members pages

Sounds like a good idea Matt - I don't see it happening here, as it's a really friendly site, but I have seen a fair bit of ganging up against folk online in my time, so it would be as well to limit the effects *just*in*case*

I'm also liking the Karma bombs idea - it'd be a great way to get people to utilise all the site's pages more. I've quite often chatted to members who haven't even noticed that there are forums and an events calendar, much less got involved on them!

*ponders translating all the BM pages into pirate talk so we can go treasure hunting*

*decides she needs to get out a whole lot more!*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/06/2009 09:32  

just added more variables, like events you attend. Also edited the current ones to exclude PMs, Nods and Chatroom messages to yourself (To prevent cheating). Also lowered the weighting of profile pictures to prevent anyone getting too much Karma just by uploading pics. If I see anyone with a particularly high Karma, I will look into why it's so high and I will adjust the calculations. Therefore you may see a lot of Karmabars going up and down over the next few weeks.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2009 10:21  

*** Cancel the above, it took too long to generate the script so I need to come up with something else

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2009 10:26  

King for a day I'm liking this

Update Reply
Emzed @ 03/06/2009 11:27  

think i've fixed it now. I've made it even fairer than before to average the scores out a little... but it takes a little longer to process the popular pages now

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2009 11:59  

Matt, how are you gonna check attendance at events? loads of people click to add themselves to an event and never turn up. some people make a hobby of it, think they do it cos it looks good on their profiles, please dont use this to calculate karma, what does everyone else think about this?

Update Reply
julie j @ 03/06/2009 12:27  

Would it be workable to link it to a tagged event photo, rather than the event attendance list?

Mind you, you get people who click on the event photos, thinking it'll enlarge them and accidentally tag themselves, then don't realise they can remove it

I would think that it'd be quite easy to see if anyone's manipulating the system by shoving their names down to everything but turning up to nothing. There are so many variables, it probably won't make much of a difference, depending on the weighting given it.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/06/2009 12:36  

I could use tags for sure, maybe that's a better idea actually. I'm working on changing the system also so that you have to click a button to "Start Tagging".

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2009 13:25  

Matt, could we change the tags?!?! maybe have a list of names under the photo?

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/06/2009 13:27  

took me ages making the tags system work with mouse click positions!

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2009 13:32  

But Matt, I thought you were always up for a challenge... otherwise you wouldn't be running the site!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 03/06/2009 13:34  

but id hate to think id spent days (Weeks actually) of work on something that nobody wants

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2009 15:09  

Ooooh nooooo! I love the positoned tagging on the photos! I can tag over my belly & pretend it's smaller than it actually is

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/06/2009 15:15  

actually... Lou's got a point.. Tummy Tagging is my friend Ok Matt...forget previous post!

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/06/2009 15:36  

Tummy Tagging (tm)! Love it!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/06/2009 16:02  

tummy tagging......have i missed something or is it secret squirell mods talk lmao ..............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2009 16:18  

*chortles*

Hey I'm pretty fond of a scooter... I love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning.... but I'm no mod!

On the events photos... you know you can "tag" them? i.e. you click on a photo of yourself on the events calendar and your ID magically appears on the photo as a clickable link through to your profile?

Well, you can basically place your "tag" anywhere on the photo... personally I like to use it to obliterate photographic evidence of my larger than necessary belly, hence Karey's trademarked term "Tummy Tagging"

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/06/2009 16:29  

Hahah.. well sed Lou.. Ian..we don't have a secret squill language...just a funny handshake

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/06/2009 16:35  

Aw, thanks for all the comments on my pic, guys and gals (that is the photo they are going to use to make my statue for Tussauds...) I'm with you, WB! I love 2 stroke in the morning.... *cough* Anyway.... Roachy - I just posted a few profile pics, replied to a PM, spoke briefly in the chatroom et voila! (excuse my French) oh... and spent all weekend rescuing children from a burning orphanage! Now I just have to get to an event so I can have a Tummy Tag (tm)!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 03/06/2009 17:19  

Hmmmm... my reply must've wafted off into the ether someplace...

It went something like: Phew! Thanks TC! I was getting a bit worried there - 50 minutes and not one remark concerning morning strokes?!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/06/2009 22:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email