MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Karma / Fairer popular members pages

Karma / Fairer popular members pages (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Karma / Fairer popular members pages (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Karma / Fairer popular members pages

Oooh I like yer new photo TC - lookin' mighty dashing, young man

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 19:07  

WB.... NEVER bump up a chap's karmabar (tm)... (that is how babies are made!!)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/06/2009 19:08  

Why TankYoo, WB.... (have been practising my Photoshopping... )

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/06/2009 19:09  

lmao @ Lou.. if he knocks it, it wil only go down again..his loss Yes TC.. i do believe they are, and jiggling along nicely, last i heard!

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/06/2009 19:09  

Ffs... don't KNOCK it either!!! They are fragile things....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/06/2009 19:11  

hey TC - where you been?? - have been doing BIg WAVES on me own lately - think we've lost Arf to a shark somewhere!!! & yup -loving the new piccy... ps...how's my karma (TM ) doing...errrr....... 17.....

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/06/2009 20:36  

Yo TC wheres ya bin ? Cant work this "karma" thing out ? How does one calculate one's score Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/06/2009 20:43  

Matt wouldnt say, though if ya click on the Karma bar, it goes to a desc of what its about and what adds/detracts from it.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 02/06/2009 20:52  

Still doesn't say WHAT the score is As mentioned earlier, what do we do when we have a "full" karma bar ? Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/06/2009 20:54  

You don't 'do' anything. It's just an indication for others to see how much input, and interaction, a member has on the site. There are a few calculations that make up the overall scores, the reason Matt won't go into detail about the calculations is cos he doesn't want folk massaging the results. This new way of calculating the figures is fairer all round than the old way. A score or rating will fluctuate depending on your activity. If you don't log on, and aren't active on site, for a while then your rating will decrease. It will increase with your increase in activity. Hold your cursor (mouse) over the blue bar and it will show your rating. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/karma_desc.asp

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/06/2009 21:10  

Worried about hitting the top EM, dont, it just puts everyone elses down proportionately, go for sky the limit mate. Can still see a bit of white, just like your suntan, some things just never catch the sun,

Update Reply
Newkid @ 02/06/2009 21:13  

Cheers kwak thats all I wanted to know It hadn't been explained before   Em   (100%)

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/06/2009 22:54  

Hey HFG and emzed!! *waves* 'Life' has been keeping me away from online social sites but have sneeked back for tonight at least... (69 )

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 03/06/2009 01:03  

Yer lookin cool as ever dude great new pic

Update Reply
Emzed @ 03/06/2009 01:24  

mmmm, why have I only got a little bit of Karma when I am on here so much? me finks its cos I am attached and dont get nods n pm's. Umm how can I earn more? maybe when I was in Holland last week in the biggest ever storm and couldnt see anythink and got wet knickers Matt might feel guilty and give me more???

Update Reply
moonstone @ 03/06/2009 03:18  

@ Lyn and her wet knickers! How are you getting on with your new bike, hope you're getting some miles in, esp given the good weather we've had recently.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 03/06/2009 07:24  

Nice to see you back TC, however brief. Agree with the others, nice pic. How do you have so much Karma when you've been AWOL for a good while though? You must have been very good in a previous life or something!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 03/06/2009 07:26  

Easy way of calculating your karma; Take your average number of profile hits per month, times this by the number of times you log on each week, add the number of normal looking toes on your left foot (I have three), divide the answer by the number of profile pics you have, then times all of this by the number of times you have scratched your bum in the last week, add seven to cover total solar eclipses for the last seven solar eclipses and then divide all of this by the square root of your IQ (whatever that is). See easy and very fair.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 03/06/2009 07:47  

@ geoff

Update Reply
Di @ 03/06/2009 08:23  

WB... i could cap the votes for/against a user so that they don't drastically alter someone's Karma. Say only 10% max can be affected by user voting. Mr P... No. It's actually not a matter of logging in, but rather the last time you opened a BM page logged on with your account. If you don't open any BM pages then your Karma will (very slowly) drop each day. This is to stop inactive members being high in the popular lists etc. After 14 days you will completely drop off the lists but your Karma will still be there, still dropping of course. The next time you open a BM page (Whilst logged in) your Karma will shoot back up to where it previously was (As the deductions will be removed). Changes are indeed instant, everything is dynamic. TC... You funny man!! :-) But you've given my an idea now, of leaving some "Karma bombs" around the site waiting for people to find! Hmmmm. Em... I first started out using points, but then I decided to have a % shown instead (As new members have no idea what "Points" count is good and what is not. The % now shows your % compared with that of the person with the highest Karma (Which just happens to be yourself, hence you have 100% Karma!). If your Karma points drop (Which only I can see) then everyone else's Karma % will increase because it's in comparisson to yours (at the moment, unless someone else gets a higher karma than you). FYI - as far as points go, the highest girls have far more than the highest guys. Only I know the calculations, and only I can work out your score (I can even see how many points you're getting from each "Variable" within the Karma rating system). And you don't do anything when you have a full Karmabar... just enjoy the status of being King of BM lol. Hey moonstorm - so you was over here in Holland for the storm? 5cm thick ice falling from the sky at 4am! Lightning bolts striking the ground everyone. It was ace wasn't it. I got up to watch it (And unplug the servers just to be sure lol). Re your Karma, you get a bit for each activity/variable. If you're not getting many winks, then you need to chat more in the chatroom and post more in the forums. Why didn't you give me a shout when you were over here? Where abouts was you? Geoff - you're not far from the truth lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2009 09:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email