MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

My First Solo woooo hoooooo

My First Solo woooo hoooooo (2) - Forums [Biker Match] My First Solo woooo hoooooo (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

My First Solo woooo hoooooo

going to be done before next week i'm afraid!!!!!!!! there is NO WAY i am going to let any of you girls hear me squeal or see me in pain, even if it is only for a minute or so!! still counts tho

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2009 23:41  

Kwak__no excuse for farmhouse as i only had one drink at time,,,, did correct straight away tho

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2009 23:43  

Too many wine gums?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/05/2009 00:03  

Nice one girlie!

Always best to get those daunting bits out of the way as soon as possible - never put them off, because they soon build up into being obstacles we kid ourselves into thinking we'll *never* get over!

Just ask DS about how we *ahem* ... "persuaded" her to take a real nasty hill last year It did the trick, she rode it like a dream and laid her demons to rest (including having to follow a car that couldn't have taken the hill any slower unless it had reversed 10 yards for every 20 it climbed!)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/05/2009 00:04  

Nice one Kaz
Thats the way, ride every day

Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/05/2009 00:29  

Good Mornin Peeps!! Just reading the last lot of comments!! You lot crack me up!! Thank you!! NK... Me n Zig are gonna live in zin for a bit, hope he ant got a nut allergy!?!?! Caz...the by-pass shud be ok .. u got road sense, aint much different on a bike. Kwak... glad to hear ive rekindled sumthing for u lass...oooerrrr lol I really hope u can get Taffy or another bike bak ont road agen sumtime.. YOU WILL! Lou.. thats so tru ... thats why im tryin to get out as much as i can now..make all the silly mistakes and laff abou them :o)) Thanks Cassie... err dunt put the kettle on just yet.. mite tek me a month or two to get up yonder! lol Craig.. you are soo right!! we hav gotta get used to carryin some luggage.. I nearly wore a back pack yesterday (Emtpy) just to try it, but figured one thing at a time! lol still you're right ..FYP is creeping up!!! Cheeeeers EM!! Im gonna get out as much as i can..not always easy but will do my best. Apparently my mix is too rich... and it was kinda pullin and struggling a bit like it was losing power and strugglin a bit.. and the 'pooping'.. any ideas hun?? Well im still smiling...and im up and raring to go..Zig is still in bed..lazy git.. got his blanket on..probs snoring anorl... Ahhh welll..tis a lovely sunny day .. mite tek him out tonight..if hes lucky......... ;o)

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/05/2009 07:02  

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY nice one Kaz, you should pootle over here for a brew - you know the route now! ...still waiting for a coil for mine!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/05/2009 07:24  

Deffo one step at a time Kaz... you don't teach a child to run a marathon before they've mastered the whole crawling then walking thing Same difference whatever you choose to learn in this life

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/05/2009 07:46  

Well done Kaz. Proud of you.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 08/05/2009 08:00  

yayyyy Stells.. I will do! Its a nice ride over your way, just need to make sure I take the right turn on the roundabout at Dodworth! lol Hope u get your coil soon! Too right Lou, one small step for mankind Cheers Geoff .. me anorl

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/05/2009 08:34  

Well, young lady, quite the celebrity these days
As for your "pooping" bike I suspect its unburnt exxcess fuel igniting in the exhaust
(good old fashioned backfiring to you )
check that the air filter is not clogged up and get someone to check the "float" needle in the carb to make sure its not flooding, that could cause an over rich mixture
Let me know how you get on, but well done for persevering with a less than perfect bike many novices use that as an excuse not to ride
Keep it up Stella will be sooo jealous when you turn up
Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/05/2009 08:58  

lol i dunno about celebrity, behave yasen!! Air filter... 'float' needle.... yessum boss! ....... Thanks EM..its due to all the help and positive comments i get from you guys and reading everyone else's experiences that keeps me going! Nahhhhh Stells wint be jealous, shes dont lots of solo pootles shes braver than me lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/05/2009 09:21  

I only meant jealous as in your bike workin an hers not

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/05/2009 10:01  

ahhh rite soz

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/05/2009 10:27  

well my Coil has now arrived, just gotta get it fitted now & yep I am jealous that your's is working Kaz - havn't been out since Matlock!! (well a mile up the road & then broke down!)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/05/2009 10:51  

awww Stells that was my first pootle since Matlock too!! what wit the weather and one thing and another Glad you've got your coil, get it fitted now lass and we can get out pootling together!

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/05/2009 10:55  

we need to figure out a way to go pootling together on farmyard route as craig reminded us it not long to go

Update Reply
caz36 @ 08/05/2009 11:53  

as mentioned in a previous post of mine girls, if you can manage to get time away from work it may help as you will be able to arrive early and miss the traffic and crowds!!! I am off this day and will be available to help if anyone is struggling or unsure, and i'm sure there will be others to help as well, and for anyone arriving later can be met at gates/entrance so they are not alone, dont know if its riding across grass etc, but you will all be fine so dont worry and just enjoy the experience...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/05/2009 12:01  

Yeh i know.. well the Squires-Whitby run is a good one, apparently it goes passed the FYP route? Still gotta do the luggage run too!

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/05/2009 12:01  

it sutton bank i worried about rest of route is a good run

Update Reply
caz36 @ 08/05/2009 12:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email