MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Farmyard 2009

Farmyard 2009 (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Farmyard 2009 (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Farmyard 2009

thanks emzed very nice offer and will keep it in mind, starting to feel like an illegal alien, was considering jumping the fence, ha ha ha......... karen

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 09:16  

This is what frustrated me so much last year... despite being booked to "marshal" at this event, they STILL wouldn't permit me to commit the heinous crime of turning up in a car.

It wasn't too much of a problem as I'd arranged for another marshal to come off site on a bike to pilly me in.

But how does that make me "arriving by bike"? I'd still have driven a couple hundred miles to get there, or taken a train to avoid being a pain to a local resident by dumping my motor outside their house for 4 days. Pillying for a few hundred yards makes me no more a "biker" than walking/driving through the gate.

As it turned out, I had to blow it out due to a hospital appointment, but I was surprised to discover this year, that this so called "no excuses" rule doesn't apply to everyone anyway and that some marshals ARE allowed to turn up in cars. Dunno why my marshaling was any less worthy than anyone else's?

If you're going to have a rule, at least enforce it consistently.

/exits dummy-spitting mode

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 04/06/2009 09:44  

Karen if all else fails, i am going n even if i tek daughter can still drop her off wi gear n cum pick u up while she puts tents up lol pm me if ya need a lift

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 04/06/2009 13:14  

thanx chunkichick had a couple of similar offers so will keep it in mind, i dont know the area at all but i can drive down and park up somewhere then just get a lift in.... looking forward to meeting you guys from bm though, ya seem a friendly crew... karen

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 13:45  

Hey Karen I drove up once, theres a car park in the village, my ex who i was seein at the time lived in Scotland, so I met him there and he took me in on the bike. Theres no shame in it, not everyone has access to a bike. I think one of the reasons they state no cars is to stop opportunist thieves turning up ( its easier to stash things in cars and bugga off) There were a few theives last year, but they caught them and have upped the security this year! You will be suprised how many ppl do it. Even saw 2 fellas get out of an Audi and get their bikes out of a transit parked there. Hope to see you there!

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/06/2009 13:57  

Arrrggg... too many Karens... <system failure - overload> I'm off to reboot!!!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 04/06/2009 14:04  

heheh us Karens are taking over the world.. *evil laugh*

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/06/2009 14:08  

is there too many kaz's cause kaz will do, lol..... and thanks for that karey will head for the carpark i assume its only a small place is it, if ya calling it a village.... cause i get lost with a sat nav ya know, recalculating , recalculating is nearly all she bloody says. alias kaz

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 14:10  

lol no probs Karen/Kaz I prefer to call misen Kaz, its only Karen if its formal lol Im crap at directions sat nav is my tormentor!! lol Sure u will find it.. its not that big a village..just follow the bikes

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/06/2009 15:18  

You'd think some farmer in Helmsley could make a few bob over the weekend parkin cars on there land wouldn't ya.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 04/06/2009 20:39  

hope to see you there guys,heading down with tizzy73 as pilly

Update Reply
tourercruiser @ 09/06/2009 18:15  

Looking forward to meeting you both bud,just look for the teepee with the Saltire flying

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 23:00  

what time you looking at getting there Cassie?...are we all gonna try & aim to get camped nearby each other?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 11/06/2009 20:19  

That would be good. Instead of looking through all posts, fire side or not?

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 11/06/2009 20:41  

errr I think it was decided not

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 11/06/2009 20:42  

Err no Stella,fire field for us anyway.Hope to be getting there early afternoon,are more than happy to try and keep space for others,just let us know

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2009 22:43  

Hi all see you at FYP I'm on the gate 8-midnight friday and 8-midday saturday collecting your tickets and handing out wrist bands say hello if you recognise me (not got x ray vistion and won't recognise you after 2000 other folks have gone through) lol

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 12/06/2009 00:16  

It doesn't look like I'm gonna get Friday off work, so I won't be setting off til about 6pm tb500 has kindly offered to ride up with me, so if anyone else wants to join us, we could arrange to meet somewhere. I will probs be in the non-fire field, so if you can save some space for us that would be great, might be about 9pm when we get there ... lol Andy - look out for a wobbly Learner coming through the gate Really looking forward to this, specially after the week I've just had! Bring it on party people !!

Update Reply
Karey @ 12/06/2009 09:04  

Ok so having checked back through the post. Most people seem to be heading for the non-fire field...Cassie, looks like we'll be invading your fire of an evening! So what times are people heading down there? Just trying to see if we can all get camped nearby each other/save space for late comers etc etc etc Hull has already says he usually camps near a copse of trees...is that fire or non fire field HUll...is it easily spottable ? (sorry my Project manager head is on at the moment.....thinks...do I need a map & a spreadsheet ...must need a microsfoft project plan for this one!!....)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 12/06/2009 09:59  

Also ...can we arrange a meet up, in case we dont all camp together, as I'm sure some pple will be camping with friends or clubs?!? How about the Friday night? ( bearing in mind I'm probs gonna be there late-ish, then gotta get tent up etc) or sometime Saturday?

Update Reply
Karey @ 12/06/2009 10:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email