MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Maxxis Tyres

Maxxis Tyres (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Maxxis Tyres (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Maxxis Tyres

10,000 miles wow goeff i have never had miles like that from my tyres......so what are we saying re these maxxi tyres, are they any good in the rain or not ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2009 08:32  

Metzler tourance are my choice i get 10 to 11 thousand out of a set

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 09/08/2009 22:19  

2wheeled I said exactly the same thing 3 weeks ago but researched them and realised new companies need to break into the market somewhere and the biggest obstacle they need to overcome is the 'never heard of em' statement which is exactly why I turned my nose up until they were mentioned by a friend and then this thread. I'm only riding my bike for the summer and so far they are fantastic giving me an extra £85.00 to spend on my kids during the hols. I can afford decent tyres but decided to give something new a go and for me they're worth every penny mate.

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/08/2009 22:40  

Dont get me wrong RK, they look great for dry use and im more than sure that there great for grip and so on, but i just "personally" want a tyre on that am confident will cope with the down poors that seem so regular at the mo. By the way the R1 front end is on, im going to put a enduro screen-headlamp assembly on for the mo, just while i resurch the other possibilities a little more.

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 09/08/2009 22:55  

2wheeledfun , the tyres you have looked at are the full on sports tyres , the sport touring tyre has a very similar tread pattern to bridgestone's 020 tyres .

I have the sport touring on my bandit and have ridden in extreme down pours, and the only time traction was lost was when the bike was upright and i powered up to overtake cars on a dual carriage-way

Update Reply
fastjock @ 12/08/2009 21:24  

hi fastjock, i havnt seen any others yet, but will now look out for them, cheers 2wheely

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 12/08/2009 23:15  

Hi all, just found this thread on Maxxis tyres. I had them on my Fireblade, these were the Supermaxx sports/touring type. I had no trouble with them at all. Did about 3000m on them and still had stacks of tread left. Seemed ok in the wet for me. MCN had an offer on them about 6 weeks back and I bought my next set even though I did not need them yet.

Update Reply
Frank W @ 07/09/2009 22:23  

Well i've done well over a thousand miles on them now frank and they appear to be wearing extremely well and i've done a couple hundred in the wet, including across the rally field at the weekend! No probs to report so far

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 07/09/2009 22:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email