MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Our Gurkhas

Our Gurkhas - Forums [Biker Match] Our Gurkhas - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Our Gurkhas

I am sick to my stomach today as the government announced that most of the Gurkhas who fought with 'Our Boys' would not be allowed to stay in Great Britain.I have met many of these men,and their families,and they are strong,proud and loyal men.But for what? I am ashamed today to be British and this government is a true embarrassment

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2009 18:19  

Its quite a simple solution. They should all leave the country and then come back as so-called asylum seekers. That way they will get everything for nothing. Agree HG,they have shown total disrespect to a fighting force that deserves everyone's respect. As does all forces personnel.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2009 18:25  

In total agreement with you there HG total disgrace

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 24/04/2009 18:29  

I agree HG and the same to you ric.. These guys put their lives on the line for this country to give us our freedom.. This government should sit up and pay back respect to these people.

Update Reply
SP @ 24/04/2009 18:33  

You're not wrong HG Its a very long time since I felt proud to be British These days I'm more inclined to say I'm from Yorkshire rather than admit I'm British let alone ENGLISH This pathetic excuse for a government would never have had the freedom to create such anomalistic policies if it weren't for the likes of the Gurkhas and other foreign nationals who fought for their freedom

Update Reply
Emzed @ 24/04/2009 21:17  

I had no idea about this, just seen it on the news .. am absolutely disgusted!! They are amongst some of the bravest men this country will ever see, and to be cast aside like that is a total disgrace. 'Great' Britain ??? its a F****ng Joke! I too feel ashamed to be British these days... its so sad. I just hope the government listens to the peoples protests and these gentlemen get the treatment and respect they deserve. Ironic Ric...but probably true.

Update Reply
Karey @ 24/04/2009 22:12  

Its a disgrace a total bloody disgrace. The sooner we get rid of this idiot and his government the better

Update Reply
micksaway @ 24/04/2009 22:17  

Total agreement H.G. This one has been rumbeling for a while Kaz,lots of protests have already taken place and as usual been ignored.I often see serving Gurkhas going about in Darlo,and i have never seen one who is not smart,well mannered and respectful,they put some of our 'own boys'to shame and i grew up in an army town,the daughter of two serving army personel so i know what i'm on about. Theres a lot of people,forces and civis alike,who could do a lot worse then emulate these people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2009 23:42  

I think this post in itself,and the great people on it who have shown their support speaks for its for itself......this government obviously doesn't speak for the common people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2009 04:59  

What's the date limit all about the most recent battles are rewarded but the two great wars not, these people are to be put out of the country, they loyaly served in these wars, I'm ashamed to think that we as a so called wealthy country would choose to send these people away just because they will be a bigger strain on our ecconomy (older people cost more to look after per year due to illnesses etc....) it's the ONLY reason I can see for a so called age/time limit being put on them being classed as british citizens...... Why else? I suppose having a tight scotsman in charge of the country??? joke! They infact have been here longer than the PM has been alive surely they have ernt a place here on that alone... Seeing these very proud people and thier families treated like "just annother obsoleate wepon" and thrown on the scrap heap, really makes me feel sick. Anyone know if there is a petition to sign up to?

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 25/04/2009 08:49  

It would have as much effect as the Jews petitioning Hitler One small consolation - Brown has to call an election sooner or later; and when he does, Labour will suffer their biggest defeat ever.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2009 08:54  

The way I read this, on the news page on ceefax, it said the government were allowing a certain amount IN to the country, but that the Gurkhas said it would be a lot less in reality. Nothing was mentioned about making them LEAVE.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/04/2009 21:22  

Hopefully the embaressment Caused to the government today will make them see sence. And let the people of this country show are gratatude to these proud brave People. I think if we had a choice the members of the government would be thrown out before the Gurkhas

Update Reply
micksaway @ 29/04/2009 23:19  

XK, looks like Mr Brown's on the slippery downward spiral after today http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8023882.stm

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 30/04/2009 00:11  

Well done Joanna, Nick, David et al At the risk of sounding "political" you can say what you like but there's nothing "wishy washy" about this Liberal policy Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/04/2009 00:45  

Does anyone know the latest date of the next General Election? Personally, I can't wait.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/04/2009 10:06  

Excellent result!!! now lets get this sham of a governments arses kicked!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/04/2009 10:35  

With you 110% on this on HG, great result but it should never have been up for discussion in the 1st place!!! New labour, no hope

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 04/05/2009 18:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email