MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Avebury Re-mix Meet - Saturday 16th May 2009

Avebury Re-mix Meet - Saturday 16th May 2009 - Forums [Biker Match] Avebury Re-mix Meet - Saturday 16th May 2009 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Avebury Re-mix Meet - Saturday 16th May 2009

Hopefully a snow-free version of the BM Avebury meet

We had an impressive turn-out, despite the inclement weather on the 1st February, so it'd be great to see everyone again and maybe some other faces who couldn't make it back then.

We're still a tad too early for crop circle spotting, so I may just have to make a further visit at the beginning of July to suss out the best sites before calling another BM meet... the sacrifices I make for this place How I hate having excuses to visit Avebury!

I've put on the event submission from 12.30pm til 2.30pm, but a few of us were there until 5.30ish last time... I just wanted to avoid the confusion when lots of people thought they had to book overnight accommodation last time And if folk want to have a ride out, it'll help everyone get there before the ride out vanishes down the road, as that's pretty frustrating when you've just travelled nearly 200 miles only to discover everyone gone!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/04/2009 00:50  

I'm in. Might even volunteer to sort a ride out if people want. ta Lou nice one (lol at the ride out comment - oh come on we had fun on our detours didnt we?? lol)

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 21/04/2009 01:07  

Excellent stuff!

There are lots of interesting places/sites around to have a little (or a large) ride-out to and some nice roads... but as I'll either be pillying or in a car, I'll leave the route-finding volunteering to others... well done for stepping up to the plate young Pob!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/04/2009 01:11  

P.S. We did have fun - but that's us - we ALWAYS have fun

Some folk might not be such understanding souls as us... We rock!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/04/2009 01:14  

young? YOUNG?? why flattery will get you everywhere dear heart

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 21/04/2009 01:18  

I'm in!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2009 10:13  

Thought it might Pob

Excellent stuff HG!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/04/2009 10:56  

Thanks for modding it Mark

Tis now up on the events calendar peeps, so get yer names down, so we've an idea of how many to expect.

The "o" at the end of the listing is supposed to be a ;o) but I keep forgetting the events pages don't like too many punctuation marks for some reason!

And my cunning plan with the timings from:to, seems to have gone a tad awry, but never mind eh?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/04/2009 16:46  

As for snow free,the gritting season as from last sunday is officially over. So if it snows your on your own. You'll have to wait till next october now when we fire the trucks up with evil "grit on your car" grins on our faces. Har har.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2009 17:08  

Ok ok WB, I've got rid of the "o" off the end and put the finish time as 14:30... Happy now?

Update Reply
mat750 @ 21/04/2009 17:12  

I'm always happy Mark - I just forget that the events calendar is like the chat room and doesn't *do* punctuation

I suspect I cocked up the timings anyway... Stranger things have happened.

Cheers for the info Ricdude - sounding good then!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/04/2009 17:33  

Didn't say it wasn't going to snow WB,just saying i'm going to do bugger all about it if it does.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2009 17:40  

I have put me name down to come, thats if i can find avebury on me sat nav.

Update Reply
drobess @ 21/04/2009 18:44  

*tuts* Well it's not ALLOWED to snow if it's out of gritting season... Stupid weather!

Excellent stuff Drob - look forward to seeing you again Sat nav should do the trick OK.

For any arriving by car - word of warning - there's a market in Marlborough on Saturdays and the traffic can get a bit snarled up around there, but don't panic, as soon as you're past it, the road usually clears.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/04/2009 08:35  

Ooh a market ,yippee,if I'm late you know where I am

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2009 11:29  

Hehehe! I nearly shopped from the car last time I was down that way - I forget what I was tempted by... wooden ducks or something I think!

Marlborough is a lovely little market town... sadly the faery shoppe is no longer there though I used to love going in there... it almost tempted me to become a Mum just so I'd have a little girl I could take there *ahem* But knowing my luck, I'd have had a snotty boy who was into feetbol.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/04/2009 15:47  

You could've turned him into a *biker*

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/04/2009 00:30  

Hmmm... I suspect I would've turned any offspring unfortunate enough to be born to me into a complete headcase... I would have been of the Larkin "This Be The Verse" school of parenting I reckon!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 01:06  

Ooopsie... Just realised this is the weekend of the BMF show

Not the best of planning then... But a classic example of Wannabe timing... like meeting at the Oakdene when the BSB's on at Brands... you'd be disappointed in me if I did things at the right time, admit it Ah go on...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 11:03  

Theres never a right time anyways gives us all a ! choice of where to go

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2009 11:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email