MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Honda CBF600S

Honda CBF600S (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Honda CBF600S (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Honda CBF600S

being tailgated at 60mph is no fun when you are tired and maybe would not just give the throttle a squirt to get ahead of the pillock who's doing it to you

No point in giving it a squirt, as then you get tailgated at 70, then 80, then 100mph, then you risk becoming nervous/stressed and consequently making mistakes. Pull over, let the numpty pass and continue to enjoy your journey in a chilled and stress-free manner.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/04/2009 12:21  

Heyyyyy Dips!!! C'mon lass, you did totally the right thing in pulling over, remember you did NOTHING wrong, it was the pillock in the car behind that was wrong, not you! If its any consolation I wasnt happy with my ride home, well some of it, I still cant get the stopping/starting/gearing thing right.. but its all practice... Remember how u went on and on at me about doing my CBT etc? well it worked! and if u dont unravel yr knitting/crochet and pull up yr hold-ups and get on with it...i'll give u a stern talking to! Big hugs for you... You've got your test, so you know you can do it! Sod the idiots around you. Like a few people on here have told me.. 'you pay your road tax (twice if u drive too) so you have as much, if not more, right to be there. Sounds like the Honda will be a good choice for you. I originally wanted a cruiser type, but after sitting on a couple including my mates Marauder, i found I didn't like the riding position, but each to their own. Let me know how u get on x

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/04/2009 12:51  

Dont give up! Even after 20 years of riding I still have days where things dont gel and think wtf am I doing out on the bike. Other days everything just flows. Some days I think I just cant ride my bike and the bike is too much, I have owned the bike for 7 years, other days the bike is not enough for me and I want something sharper. Typical woman, never satisfied lol When I had the bike accident 3 years ago, I was given a CBF600S as a hire bike. They seemed to be what i would call a good 1st big bike. Although brakes and acceleration will seem a lot stronger than you are used to from a cruiser style bike, it will not take you long to adjust. The CBF is comfortable over long distances, and is fine for one up or even one up touring, I did struggle to get a tailpack to sit securely because of the grabrails and maybe the design of the pack I have. The only thing it seemed to struggle with was when it was two up it did seem to lack a bit of power for me, but was still up to the task. The ex husband said it was more comforatble on the back of it than my ZZR.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/04/2009 13:24  

CG dont u even dare fink about givin up yr biking, u will get a SLAP from me if u do, like every1 else has said try lots of different bikes, I like my virago, but then i wouldnt ride anythin different from a cruiser style but thats my personal preference

Update Reply
drobess @ 21/04/2009 19:10  

Try a Honda Shadow as well CG, bit more power, handling and room if you wanted to keep the laid back cruiser styleeeee

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 21/04/2009 21:50  

Thanks everyone for all the replies, its given me plenty to think about. I am hoping to organise a test ride on a cbf on Thursday morning. ( note to self buy some more Rescue Remedy Wednesday) A guy from my bike club has said he has some bent bars and cables for my 535 so I am wondering if that would help me, maybe its not the bike but the position of the bars on it as they are straight and do put a lot of stretch on my weaker arm. Gosh my head is spinning at the moment. Drobess sat on my bike today and was suprised how far you need to stretch your arms out to turn the bike. I am going to do the St Georges day ride on Sunday and think that will be decider on whether I stay a biker or not.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 21/04/2009 22:07  

CG, we met for first time camping sat and I am a tadge dissappointed that you are even talking about giving up untill you have exhausted all other options, ie-other style bikes, it took me 4 bikes before I got One I am reasonably happy with!!!! 2nd point-the social side of biking and the friends on this site alone!!!!!Its changed my life around recently and stops me getting cabin fever stuck in house all the time!!!!! Get out on some test rides and if after about 20 plus different bikes tried you still feel the same then fair enough but not untill. Chin up and try a new knitting pattern to take your mind off things, if that fails try a few more pints of irish wine.... Works for me!! I think youre right about bars!!!......craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2009 22:19  

Got Ricdude syndrome cw ? But you're right about CG an bikes, thats why they make so many !! Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 21/04/2009 22:24  

I had a CBF600s as a hire bike. I was commuting to Manchester and Leeds on her daily and never had any problems. Comfortable (remember i am 6' 4") responsive and the ABS system is invisible but gives you the confidence to brake hard when you need to. Have a serious look ad the Honda Duvalle too. they are a baby pan. they come with factory fitted panniers so when you know when filtering that if your mirrors go through so will your panniers. plus the panniers should take a lid so you have somewhere to lock your handbag lid and jacket on a ride out. They are also a sit up and bed ride so very little pressure on your wrists. and they are a shaft drive do again no chains to worry about. And with the Duvalle bing fully faired wind us reduced too.

Update Reply
Phil @ 22/04/2009 00:08  

CG dont give up hun just go try lots of bikes out ..the CBF is a good bike faily bullet proof engine etc...also the ER6-F from kawasaki is a good all round bike with a comfy riding position..might be worth a look to

Update Reply
meza95 @ 22/04/2009 13:40  

Hey CG - don't go putting yourself under pressure by imposing deadlines on yourself... Above all else, biking should be fun in my opinion... if you're not having fun, then have a rest for a bit.

You don't need to make major decisions like whether you continue biking in the long term or not, just go with your gut feelings for the time being - ride if you feel like it and don't if you don't.

Do take the chances to try other bikes when they arise, as you may just surprise yourself by finding that a different riding position does the trick for you.

And you won't lose out on the social side of biking life if you ultimately decide that riding's not for you - as I'm sure you know, we'll all come round and drag you out, if necessary!

Give yourself a huge and allow yourself to feel proud of what you've achieved so far. Choose to ride because it's what you choose to do, not because it's what others expect of you!

Grab your Rescue Remedy and enjoy your test ride tomorrow xxx

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/04/2009 15:02  

Thanks again everyone for your replies. I have booked a test ride on the CBF for Sunday Morning. I know I won't miss out on the bike social scene even if I do decide not to ride anymore, I didn't have a bike when I first started going to bike events/rallies and such like yet it never stopped me going to them. I do feel proud of myself without wanting to sound big headed, from growing up with a phobia of even walking past a parked bike to actually passing my bike test and the new confidence I have in myself as a person is also down to the the wealth of lovely biking people I have met and made friends with along this journey.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 22/04/2009 18:59  

Big for you CG, whatever you decide and hope you enjoy your test ride on Sunday

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 22/04/2009 19:01  

Good for you CG! Short of inhaling a tank of pressurised helium and holding yer breath you couldn't sound big headed if you tried

You deserve every scrap of that pride, lady Most people simply avoid things they fear - it takes a very special individual to confront those fears.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 07:52  

Bent bars will make a lot of difference CG. You sit more like in a car then with just a very mild stretch to the bars. Being comfortable is 99% of the battle won. Its about a mornings work to do the conversion and its best to be there so the bars can be altered to an angle you are happy with.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/04/2009 08:56  

thiings like changing bar's angle of bar's etc can make a big difference to ride an comfort of rider,also i wont ride distance without a screen far less tiring than bein buffeted around foreward controls are a must for me as hip pain kicks in after after a few miles if my legs are underneath me ,another comfort thingy is earplug's can make a long ride less tiring,as having comfotable snug clothing,

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 23/04/2009 10:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email