MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Mobile mechanic

Mobile mechanic (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Mobile mechanic (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Mobile mechanic

As Ex comments, a good technician with a laptop could probably diagnose your problem in minutes Its something I've considered "investing" in the software but with my current "hardware" troubles I have put it on the back burner If it costs more than £25 to £30 its a rip off in my opinion, considering that the operator is likely to make money retifying the fault Maybe I'm just too reasonable Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/05/2009 15:50  

Thanks for that guys, when i said i missed the lights i meant the traffic lights, I have rang vendor 8 times he just says it was alright when it left him! I don't know how I stand as I paid him cash do I have any come back? I have no confidence to ride it now so I am feeling a bit pissed off, any advice guys?

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 07/05/2009 17:18  

Thanks for that guys, when i said i missed the lights i meant the traffic lights, I have rang vendor 8 times he just says it was alright when it left him! I don't know how I stand as I paid him cash do I have any come back? I have no confidence to ride it now so I am feeling a bit pissed off, any advice guys?

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 07/05/2009 17:20  

peter if you bought it from a shop you have all the rigts anyone would have under the sale of goods act. if the bike isn't fit for purpose the should sort it.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 07/05/2009 17:30  

Unfortunately caveat emptor !
I suggest dion some research (local) for diagnostic services and get a few quotes
If the bike was a bargain then you should consider whether its worth another £50 or so
If not then it weren't such a bargain
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings
All the best
Keep us posted
Maybe someone else has an idea of what it might be
Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/05/2009 17:32  

Well I paid double the book price because it looks the bollocks and I just had to have it, I want to send it back but I want it! so i will go your route Em and try and find a diagnstic guy so far I have found no one in Manchester! the Superbike Suzuki dealer doesn't even service bikes......pretty poor show really

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 07/05/2009 17:51  

There's a Suzuki dealer in Hyde that service bikes. They're called Road and Racing - maybe try them?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 07/05/2009 18:17  

I have seen an ad somewhere for a "mobile auto-electrician" !
Try a search
Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/05/2009 18:20  

Update, after many phone calls 18 in total the dealer has agreed to get the bike fixed for me, lets hope persistance pays off, thanks for your help guys and gals.

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 08/05/2009 09:19  

Hope it all works out ok Peter after all, it is the dealers responsibility BY LAW Let us know the outcome, and we might see you on it this year

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/05/2009 20:34  

IT'S very decent of you not mentioning the dealers name P ,cos word of mouth advertising could have cost him sales ...but alls well that ends well,as EM says good luck , the BUSA is a top notch bike!

Update Reply
excalibur @ 09/05/2009 05:23  

Hi EM, please check your email , i've another request for assistance...cheers

Update Reply
excalibur @ 09/05/2009 07:25  

caveat emptor does not apply to shops. No matter how they try to wriggle out of it. It only applies to private transactions and even then there can be legal comebacks.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 10/05/2009 15:31  

When Peter first posted his question about the Busa he did not mention that it was bought from a dealer!!
If he had I would have advised straight away to take it back to the dealer as the law says your contract is with the vendor and goods must be "fit for purpose" or "of merchantable quality"
Private sales do create different legal parameters, depending on how the goods are advertised, ie; "sold as seen" or "spare parts only"
Then it really is caveat emptor

Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 10/05/2009 22:39  

As I stated before...It has little or no standing; why? Because The law has come around to bias Caveat Venditor or "seller beware" To make sure they describe and supply goods fit for the job, however there are certain professions that are exempt. Jewelers are one because they cannot in any reasonable way properly define "fit for purpose".........I thought a diamond ring had to drop knickers at 50 paces meself! I know a couple of bike dealers that would struggle!....One of them a very large shop in the Midlands. A lot of magazines inc MCN use him for test bikes as well, he is currently to date pending 13 claims of fraud and serious neglect. People like that don't deserve to be in business. Caveat emptor is still a sound practice to follow though, whatever the goods. Personally I blame the Yanks. (universal get out)

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 11/05/2009 06:48  

Unfortunately, where the law is concerned there is usually only one sure winner !! THE LAWYER Yep the yanks have a lot to answer for GH but we taught them how to use the law so we are culpable too

Update Reply
Emzed @ 11/05/2009 13:06  

Don't mention lawyers lol

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 11/05/2009 16:40  

Yes emzed it was from a large dealer in bikes I thought it best to keep his name out of it while there was a chance he could make amends, he has taken bike back hopefully all will be well on its return..........re solicitors........it is an anagram for clitoris !!!

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 11/05/2009 16:54  

well put Peter!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 11/05/2009 18:21  

Update Reply
Emzed @ 11/05/2009 19:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email