MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Squires to Whitby The Scenic Route

Squires to Whitby The Scenic Route (14) - Forums [Biker Match] Squires to Whitby The Scenic Route (14) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Squires to Whitby The Scenic Route

Craig, I like the idea of an overnighter. Some of us had one in Blackpool last Oct. Great fun. I've never been to Newcastle, what about one there. I seem to recall you know the good places to visit ( or are we more interested in the seriously bad places )

Update Reply
napoleon @ 18/05/2009 23:30  

need to go a lot further for an overnighter than kielder.....there's nowt there for night times!!!!! might think of route soon for day outing... I'll have a run up there this wkend and check out some roads and distances etc.... possibly hartside over to kielder and back to otterburn etc???? I'll try it first!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2009 23:31  

Napoleon and here was me thinking you were a proper gentleman

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2009 23:33  

Oh yes, definitely enjoyed it. Don't usually plan anything else when there's a whole day trip out, but I hadn't seen my mate for soooo long and didn't seem right to cancel last minute. Anywas it all worked out in the end!! But I look forward to another meet another time, and an overnighter as well sounds good to me

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 18/05/2009 23:33  

Richard---I think blackpool is probably better than Newcastle for a nights stay, and a lot cheaper.... even I wouldn't spend the night in newcastle!!! every place is bad, but then you have the good bad places as well, but it wouldn't be fair leaving the girls behind!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2009 23:37  

XK--if you are reading this it was your idea of an overnighter so get planning-----seems to be a lot of interest

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2009 23:39  

does nobody else fancy scotland its not as far as you think and don't have to go north,perfect for an overnighter.Fantastic scenery through northumberland and perfect circular route taking in coast one way

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2009 23:42  

for an overnighter it might have to be a wkend when school hols are finished!!! sept-oct???? otherwise its the camping gear!!!!or the stars!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2009 23:56  

If we were to do Scotland I'd suggest we decide on a venue and then allow people to book themselves. But I'd be up for leading a quicker group up the A68 or the A7!! Oh yeah!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 19/05/2009 00:07  

I think thats a good idea for any venue Geoff.... As you already know its a nightmare trying to book dates/numbers of peeps/types of accommodation etc Even for any day trips on BM there is nothing stopping peeps from arranging overnight stays themselves.. deffo up for the quickish ride, future points pending!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/05/2009 00:16  

Right,heres what i'm thinking.Run up inland on the sat,sat night in Edinburgh,home the coastal road sunday.All beautiful roads and close enough so 125s can manage it.Dosen't matter if theres groups at different speeds as long as we all know where the final destination is.Am looking at city centre apartments(party pads) sleeping 12-20 if anyones interested but plenty accomadation to choose from if people want to sort their own.Loads to do on sat nite in Edinburgh and not all involving alcohol!!fancy another ghost walk myself.anyway peeps,what do you think?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/05/2009 00:39  

That could be very interesting young lady (sleeps 20 ) I wont be spoiled for choice see chatroom above

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/05/2009 00:47  

Now, now BC, ya know I was taking it easy on wet roads, , show ya the dry line sometime, .

Nice one Geoff, officer material, , as for the movers and the shakers, Ian oofs it a bit dun he HFG, bet ya liked that, . As for Roachy, ya sure moved your CBR too, bet you'd be glad to have that at full ahead, .

Soz Kaz, pushed off early for long trip back, but thinking about it, would/should have come back wiv ya, more fun in numbers hey, . Did need them waterproofs, on the way back, didnt we, luckily I had just pulled into a garage as it really started hammering down nr York, so stayed nice and dry, . BC's arse got soaked though, spray from the back wheel, , that bikes gona need a damn good clean when I get back home. No more biking till Fri, , stuck in Watford on business now.

Good going all, V nice turn out and great fun, & all.

Now to ave a look at em there pics, .

PS XK what, where, was she? and EM, thats two things I thought I'd see ya at, thought I'd see the legend,

Update Reply
Newkid @ 19/05/2009 01:13  

Sorry NK but it seemed a bit rude to say "I'm off out" when peeps come to se ya So another time my friend, thankyou for your kind words Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/05/2009 01:32  

I'm up for Edinburgh.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 19/05/2009 08:56  

May I make a suggestion, so as to save confusion, to start a new thread for a different venue / event? The title of this thread is Squires to Whitby so folk won't know to look here for details of another event taking place elsewhere.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/05/2009 09:19  

Yes Kwak, of course you can.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 19/05/2009 10:38  

would like to do scotland but will go camping yep cassie was there but you got to belive in santa to see him karey, jj hern,suzy,and the rest all seen me well maybe next time

Update Reply
tb500 @ 19/05/2009 12:47  

hahah tb .. i beleive! Santa sings and dances too I would like to do Scotland too.. love it! my favourite place. I wud most likely be camping. ooops... Cass.. do u wanna start a new thread ?

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/05/2009 13:27  

I believe in Santa! and elves and fairies!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 19/05/2009 14:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email