MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Air Filters

Air Filters - Forums [Biker Match] Air Filters - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Air Filters

I've got a K&N air filter on order for the Aprilia, partly as I didn't find OEM or pattern around when searching, but does changing to K&N need the mixture adjusting - it's fuel injection so not a jet thing but might I need to change the EPROM to suit? Have read posts elsewhere warning of weak fuel mixtures being bad news! Bike has standard exhausts on.

Update Reply
njl @ 09/04/2009 10:27  

only changed my jets when changing pipe's for noisy one's! didnt do any mod when changing to a K&n run it for a while then check plug for sign's of weak mixture, need to take a run blast it a bit turn egine off an coast to stop so you dont soot it up at a low or idle speed,then check plug! mine ran ok!deffo better with the K&N

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 09/04/2009 16:17  

Something i found with K&N and similar filters was that they sucked in water when it rained heavy. You can buy air filter oil for them which helps a bit. Trial and error with them really.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2009 20:58  

it's essential they are used with filter oil for maximum effect i use the K&N filter oil and cleaner spray kit.

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 10/04/2009 00:37  

Ah, thanks guys, never thought of checking the plugs after, I'll keep a look out for the filter oil too!

Update Reply
njl @ 10/04/2009 02:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email