MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Trying to pick a perfomance can, any suggestions?

Trying to pick a perfomance can, any suggestions? - Forums [Biker Match] Trying to pick a perfomance can, any suggestions? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Trying to pick a perfomance can, any suggestions?

OK, Micron are out of business apparently, and my cans been damaged. Got a £350 budget, insurance paying, whats a good recommendation for a CBR600, want performance and a nice deep base!!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 08/04/2009 10:06  

Hm, don't have much history of owning race cans but when I've shopped around (not bought yet) Fuel have seemed well priced for either my Bandit or the Aprilia. Couldn't say on sound or bhp tho!

Update Reply
njl @ 09/04/2009 10:23  

Sound is a personal choice thingy really. I gotta Remus Revolution endcan on my cb1300 and i think it sounds lurvly . Has a nice deep note to it. You just gotta get out and listen to a few at your local meets.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/04/2009 20:07  

Micron got bought out and are trading again. Besides any decent retailer will have a good selection for the CBR. When we test cans on the Triumphs we use Arrows as these have consistantly proved to be very well built and give genuine gains. Akropovic (pronounced a-crop-o-vich) are another good make.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 09/04/2009 20:12  

I have a scorpion on my CBR6 and it sounds luvvverly....dont know whether it enhances performance or owt but who cares!!!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 09/04/2009 22:42  

When we test cans on the Triumphs we use Arrows as these have consistantly proved to be very well built and give genuine gains. Whats the point of testing cans if your only gonna test one manufacturer. If you allready know they are well built and give genuine gains, why are you testing them?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 10/04/2009 01:23  

Cheers all, unfortunately I should have paid more attention at the meets and had a listen, now I have to make a rushed decision. The old Micron can I had was a lovely deep base, even the dealers commented on it sounding lovely. As to performance diff, with the original can on it had no power at 5Krpm, which is 70-80, just where ya want it for motorway. Ended up having to keep dropping a couple of cogs to overtake, with the Micron, not a prob, just left it in top gear, .

Update Reply
Newkid @ 10/04/2009 11:50  

If ya did drop a couple of cogs, it was like slapping on the nitrox, .

Update Reply
Newkid @ 10/04/2009 11:56  

To answer Blues, we are not testing the can, rather we are testing the bike with a can proven to offer gains. The can acts as a control for when the bikes are being tested for racing tune/ engine development. Arrows just seem to get it right first time.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 11/04/2009 13:21  

NB - Cans are much of a muchness really, all depending on what exactly you want. If it's to get rid of the 5k flat spot, a simple can change may not help unless the restriction is actually in the can. Normally the restriction, which is for from the factory noise regs, is a combination of factors including the exhaust and the mapping. A can, a power commander and a custom map will set you back around £600 to £700 pounds and will smooth things out very well and give you a few extra ponies as well. I have a BOS system on my CB, complete with the PCIII and a custom map and it is very smooth indeed. Also for your info, my BOS exhaust is now well over 20k miles old and is still as good as new. Plus it sounds "nice", not particularly loud but with a nice tone. So I would definitely recommend them. Akrapovic systems are very good as well, but over priced in my opinion. Arrow systems seem good quality and are a sensible price.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 11/04/2009 16:15  

hmm its a can of worms to be honest. i had the same prob with the tl ended up going with yoshi. but on previous bikes:-carbon can co good price and a good exhaust note too, microns,fuel. i found out by asking mi biking buds how they got on then went from there.

Update Reply
hightower @ 20/05/2009 21:23  

Plus/minus price on a "Arrow" system fitted , for a 93 Daytona 900 ? no need for top of the range though.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 21/05/2009 04:30  

I had a viper on my CBR 6, plod could hear you coming in the next town! Had a very deep sound, but loud even at low revs, the Akrapaviks! on the R1 were quiet til about 6-7k then got louder til they were screaming. There is no noticeable difference in performance gains between the straight through cans. If its a micron you want, buy a cheap straight through can and i will send you a micron exhaust sticker! no one will Know but you! lol

Update Reply
Rich.H @ 08/06/2009 17:50  

hi newkid i don`t know if this helps on sat while i have a few hours spare i`m off to look at a company called JAC Exhausts in hucknall notts to see their handwork they make the cans to your design and are fairly priced too. Has eventually i will need a custom exhaust on my project and i always like to see whoever i use and there work prior to using.

Update Reply
hightower @ 10/06/2009 20:40  

does anyone know if you can after market cans for a blackbird ??..like akro's or something like that

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2009 21:08  

a friend of mine has just bought a Beowulf end can.it is looks relay nice an something abit different check out the link http://www.exhaust-notes.com/beowulf-motorcycle-exhausts.html

Update Reply
trev0r987 @ 11/06/2009 23:50  

cheers trev

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/06/2009 09:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email