MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

BTK Leathers

BTK Leathers (2) - Forums [Biker Match] BTK Leathers (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

BTK Leathers

Thanks Prof... couldn't think of what it was called... lol

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 01/07/2009 23:08  

Lanolin is a common by-product softener used in many things including pile cream. (what sadistic 2hat thought of putting it in pile cream?) It's also a common ALLERGY causer so if ya get a skin reaction when ya treating your leathers it's probably the lanolin.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/07/2009 23:15  

Hi emzedhow did you get on with Unique? A lad at the bike club I go to is erm a big lad and he had some jeans made there and he's been very happy with then was not that dear as it goes cost less than some ready made stuff, really happy that all stitching and ZIPS are still intact and working perfectly still.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 02/07/2009 00:18  

Not been there yet mate but I will be going over there when I go to "Goolies" rally I'll take my jacket and see what they make of that, but to be honest I'm really chuffed wi my £20 re-cycled jeans bought at ITV I have to go to Todmorden sometime soon to collect my other jeans, which they have "rebuilt" for £25 A bargain in anybodys book I venture

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/07/2009 00:43  

Was just curious as not heard anything scince I posted :o) sound cheap enough, we can all find bargins locally I suppose but those who live a greater distance away have to factor in the costs of getting there and back lol (mind you there is a saying in Sales "Hull mentality on a bargin is travel to the other side of town to save 1p on a tin of beans = happyness, nevermind the £12+ taxi fares") lol

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 02/07/2009 08:46  

I had some trousers made by Unique which I wore for over ten years. They were still in perfect order when I grew out of them and the lad I sold them to is still wearing them. I think eighteen years service makes them a pretty good buy.

Update Reply
prof @ 02/07/2009 20:10  

Emzed - who in Todmorden? I have a jacket in need of repair.

Update Reply
prof @ 02/07/2009 20:47  

Well my BTK leathers have gone to Andelle, who I have used before and highly recommend, for adjustments. Maybe BTK are good at mens leathers but not too good at womens, as poor Michelle at Andelle is ripping her hair out doing the adjustments and has finally given up and is replacing the lower legs. The joining zip is being replaced as it doesn't line up with the jacket/jeans. Oh and the collar is being adjusted as it is too high and is virtually choking me. She did say that the quality of leather is the best, but the execution of tailoring is the worst she has ever seen and she is not convinced that the leathers I have received were actually mine. Oh and one other point, I have replaced the back protector as it wasnt CE approved, and it was too big for the jacket and pulled it all out of shape and prevented me lifting my head. I wouldnt mind but I paid for a proper back protector

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/07/2009 20:50  

I don't understand Frag! I am amazed they've been made by the same guy.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/07/2009 20:56  

Neither do I, and I do trust the people at Andelle as do a lot of well known bike racers. Its where big companies send their repair work to. Right from the beginning the calves were always wrong and the leathers seemed to be made from a mans pattern. The only problem is that when you then try and fit them to the female body it doesnt work as the panels are the wrong shape, then when you alter them it twists the shape, and/or shortens them. Difficult to explain if you have never been a dab hand with a sewing machine

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/07/2009 21:23  

Hmm, you're presuming I haven't! Ok, I haven't as it happens, but you're presuming lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/07/2009 21:43  

I wasn't presuming, I was deducing In your own words "I don't understand Frag!" So I thought I would try and explain in laymans terms why it is difficult to adapt patterns from one gender to another. I would never presume, I dont know you well enough to do that lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/07/2009 22:42  

Good answer! I'm sure you know though that I was only joking with you. Keep me informed with your leathers, I'd be interested to know how the alterations go. I am hoping to lose a bit more weight, at which point I am liable to want these altering slightly and not having to go all the way down to Nottingham would be good.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 04/07/2009 08:08  

apart from all that...the leathers are good then frag

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2009 08:11  

Thanks for all the info Frag and sorry things are still not sorted with yours. I'm thinking of getting some made and wanted to see how Geoff's turned out, esp after your comments. I think they look well made and they are very heavy and robust. However after hearing more about your issue that's obviously going to be a real concern for me. I'd have thought being made to measure that they fit the body, whatever the shape but I guess that's not the issue - you can probably tell I know nothing about tailoring! Without mentioning you and your issue Frag, I think perhaps I should ask how the tailoring is different for men and women and see what the response is before committing.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 04/07/2009 08:16  

custom made leathers ...you posh folk...i would need about 5 cows lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2009 08:22  

Don't laugh Ian. It took four and a half for mine lol! Some poor cow is walking around with a cold bum at the moment.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 04/07/2009 08:31  

Thats no way to talk about the missus Geoff

Update Reply
Emzed @ 04/07/2009 08:53  

i would not of dared to say that emz lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2009 09:16  

Geoff glad you're happy with your leathers so far , does the pants bottoms tuck inside the boots or over them ? i've seen both types and i prefer over boots as i feel there's a bit more movement , think insides are more protective though ...

Update Reply
excalibur @ 04/07/2009 09:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email