MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Day 8 in the big br...sorry HFG's outings

Day 8 in the big br...sorry HFG's outings (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Day 8 in the big br...sorry HFG's outings (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Day 8 in the big br...sorry HFG's outings

Hey I'm ready OGB - after failing miserably to part TJ from his ZZR 1400 keys last weekend

*sulks*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/03/2009 23:10  

Hey up WB, dont know what ya doin in your new pic, will have to look in a bit. TY to JJ for the obss on the techy stuff, thats got more work to do when I get a chance.

Nice one HFG, can see your writes ups are expanding with ever days experience, 70 mile, soon youll be pootling all over the place, and Geoff, well he'll be peetaling, if he goes with ya, .

Keep on trukin babe!

PS Before anyone says, I know it aint trukin!!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 30/03/2009 02:48  

It was "tongue in cheek" HFG I am considerin interviewing you for a radio prog I'm working on Keep it up its well worth serialising Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/03/2009 04:39  

Awww - Rachel & there's you telling me that you could leave em on & they wouldn't flatten your battery!!! - they must have heard you & though 'right!!! we'll see about this!!' Good job Geoff was there to bump it!!...could you imagine you & me trying to bump it down Dunford Road!!! that would have been well funny!!! Oi Geoff- give us a break!! first time over that road & for the first half of it we were stuck behind a van doing 45 & then for the 2nd half of it there was lots of Wibbly bits...just need to get me confidence up on how fast I can go & then brake without it all going squirrelly! Err Steve - think I just may pass on that offer ta - at least for the next few years!!...PMSL Stu - get it right - it was 90 miles not 70!!! sheesh!! ooOOoooo Em - an interview!!....tbh - I can't speak a good story as well as I can (apparently) write one...words come out better when I'm typing than speaking - as some on here will vouch for when I open me gob!! Lou - love the new piccy - is that what you were giggling about the other day?? Oooo also - an update - just been out for a 30 mile pootle - but nothing much interesting to tell - 'cept I still can't do junctions as serenely as your supposed to!!...practised some feet up U turns with differing amounts of success! & the weather was cr*p on the tops - misty drizzle & naffin' windy!!...but, more miles under the belt!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 30/03/2009 13:36  

Hi HFG ! Best reading for ages Any ideas what to call your new book? Will look forward to more of your 'Wibblings' soon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2009 15:00  

well done Stella, way to go girl. funiest post iv read for a while, but atleast your out and about on the bike. Best wishes Kenn.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 30/03/2009 15:06  

Well done HFG!! I remember my wibbles all those years ago - mind you been a while since I was on a bike so I may have a few more yet Only reason I managed my U-turns feet up on my test was coz the road was as wide as the Grand Canyon & I could ride in a straight line between kerbs!! Keep it going

Update Reply
Tizzy73 @ 30/03/2009 15:21  

I fink your carb wants cleaning out HFG if ya having trouble with erratic idle. Bring it down and I will service it for you (cough) and the bike..............Sneeks off to naughty corner.....

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 30/03/2009 16:33  

hahahah - nice one Jim - err - how do I get the carb off??...whilst you're in the Norty corner, there's a new Clutch lever & cable & new Indicator that needs fitting - oh also the chain needs tightening up....errr.........yeah, thinks that's it Cheers Tizzy

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 30/03/2009 16:41  

Bring it down then lol, if you can do 90 miles then you should get to mine fine lol

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 30/03/2009 16:47  

Looks like hfg needs servicing (this norty corner is getting busy)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2009 16:48  

If I wasn't already spoken for I'd offer to do that too pmsl

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 30/03/2009 16:51  

jees - you lot!!! **tuts**!! Hey HG - no thoughts on the name for my ramblings yet - maybe "A day in the life of a motorcycle 'L' Plater ", "How NOT to learn to ride a bike" "Are we there yet??" "Bike Whispering - how NOT to do it!" "How to bond with your bike" (I'll wait for comments on that one!!) " Long way round - the short way!" " Long way Down - especially my close!" "HFG & the art of motorcycle maintenance!".....errrr........nope ,not thought about it at all really

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 30/03/2009 17:01  

Yeh, me too., ghostie. Would have been a pleasure to strip her (carb) down on the workbench, clean out her jets, and grease her nipples. (Am I allowed to say that before 9pm?) *waits for summat stronger than 'tuts'*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2009 17:01  

Well chaps - put your money where your mouths are and get Stella's bike serviced for her. She's promised bacon butties to the lucky chap!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 30/03/2009 17:28  

& tea/Coffee/Fruit Juice!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 30/03/2009 18:18  

I'm packed. Lets go!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 30/03/2009 18:20  

Whipped cream?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2009 18:29  

I dont think I know where Holmfirth is But if its not fixed by w/e let me know Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/03/2009 21:07  

Not fixed by the weekend?? Jeez, someone's keen lol! Stella, Ghostie can probably service you, sorry the bike, better than I can. But if Hinckley is a bit far then you know you're welcome to bring it over to mine. Nice ride as well! Erm, I meant the route from Holmfirth to Ponte!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 30/03/2009 21:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email