MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wirral Egg run

Wirral Egg run - Forums [Biker Match] Wirral Egg run - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wirral Egg run

I have just returned from the "Egg run" what a fantastic turn out, we had blue skies and sun all day, there was a party mood on with lots of costumes and decorated bikes, from the promanade on the Wirral to the hospital at Clatterbidge a run of about 12 miles the streets were lined with people some sat on deck chairs others sat on car roofs, and many more getting as close to the action as possible. I spoke to the Organiser and a senior Police officer both reckoned there were .........wait for it.........between 6 to 8 THOUSANDS Bikes !!!! a fantastic turn out and all for charity.....I am sure you would all agree this is Bikers at there best. Whilst typing this I have just seen Granada Reports with a good report on the run....hope you all get chance to see it.

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 29/03/2009 17:06  

heyyyy Peter!! thats excellent!! WELL DONE TO YOU ALL !! I can't wait till I can do a charity run on my own bike! Nice One!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 29/03/2009 17:09  

wot u doin postin on ere!! You should be out on that bike Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 29/03/2009 17:14  

But EM, Peter has been out ... *lol*

Update Reply
Karey @ 29/03/2009 17:15  

Yep, quite a day even though peter69 and I managed to miss each other. Coupla pictures on events - Linda (lcotgrave) says hello to her old friends on BM plus a general view only gives a hit as to the numbers

Update Reply
Wills @ 29/03/2009 18:19  

I was on the other side of the water controlling the radio net for the red cross at the Liverpool half marathon. We were listening to the radio chatter of my RAYNET colleagues on the Run. It sounded like it went well although there was one RTC on the route.

Update Reply
Phil @ 29/03/2009 18:30  

Nice one Wills, if you speak to Linda agen, tell her hello from me. Is she going to East Leeds Lions rally, do you know? couple of good pics there, looks like it was a great day! well done agen. Phil, I hope the RTC weren't too serious?

Update Reply
Karey @ 29/03/2009 18:40  

There was a long holdup somewhere Neston way towards the end which we presumed was some sort of accident, and I also saw a bike down in the Mersey tunnel, which was a bit worrying. The rider was on his feet, so obviously wasn't too badly hurt.
As far as I know Linda and Gary are at East Leeds Lions, Kaz.

Update Reply
Wills @ 29/03/2009 19:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email