MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Pram lessons?

Pram lessons? - Forums [Biker Match] Pram lessons? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Pram lessons?

Whilst riding at 25-30mph down a busy single carriageway with cars and vans parked either side i positioned myself a doors width approx from parked vehicles on left and a woman pushed a pram into my path before she could see me herself !! Thats the second time this week this has happened with the first woman on the phone while she pushed her baby well into the road before she could see me! Pram lessons needed i think girls.

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 27/03/2009 15:20  

I see this quite regularly and I think it's funny. The other one is people (I'm not going to say women cos I've seen fellas do it as well) who gently push their sleeping baby in it's pushchair off the kerb and into the road before waiting for a gap in the traffic. All I can think is they do this so that they don't wake the baby by jumping the chair off the kerb when they run across. But your baby's in the road!!!! Or maybe they're just trying to save on feeding costs.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 27/03/2009 15:23  

hey geoff can you imagine the damage a fully loaded pram could do to your fairing?...........thick as pig sh*t some people and you can almost write the headlines now of the local newspaper on how a "speeding motocyclist knocks over innocent baby"........

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 27/03/2009 15:33  

It horrifies me... It surely doesn't tax the brain cells too much to work out that you're putting your sprog in danger by doing that?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/03/2009 15:43  

Pram lessons needed i think girls. No one teaches 'how to' when it comes to crossing roads with prams/pushchairs etc but it's common sense, or should be, to PULL the carrier behind oneself, not push it out in front, init?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/03/2009 15:51  

Seen it done sooo many times it absolutely astounds me.

The other one that always gets are the cars in town that pull out os side road to look beyond the parked cars to see if it's safe to go and then stop, then look at you as if to say is it ok for me to carry on.

Well it must be otherwise you'd have my bike in one side of your car and me on the other side.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 27/03/2009 15:52  

Kwak.........my point exactly.........

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 27/03/2009 16:01  

and not to mention blokes who think that cos a pushchair has wheels they can walk down the road not the footpath, or are they just to bone idle to hoike it up and down onto the path

Update Reply
julie j @ 27/03/2009 17:51  

Perhaps they need a Baby On Board sticker hanging from the pram to remind them....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/03/2009 18:01  

"imagine the damage a fully loaded pram could do to your fairing"Hahahaha! I remember when i was 7 years old pushing me 1 year old brother down a very steep hill in Teneriffe.... woooops, weeeeeee, wwwaaaaaahhhh. lol.(Sorry Paul!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/03/2009 19:34  

P69, surely there's an argument here in favour of loud pipes!!

Update Reply
hdbabe @ 27/03/2009 20:07  

loud pipes yes possibly, but why should the onus be on you, you would think once a woman has had a belly full of arms and legs for 9 months she would protect it in everyway, but the odd few put there offsping in harms way through pure negligence......

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 27/03/2009 20:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email